JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This class was a general class that was open to the public taught by the owner , Steve Shields . It was taught on Cerberus private range . The range was located a short drive from town which had a few decent budget lodging options . I would recommend The Quality Inn .

I arrived a day early and met up with Steve the evening prior. He advised me that the other students who had signed up for the class had cancelled a few days earlier , meaning that i was going to be the only student .

i was immediately impressed that Steve did not cancel the class with only one student !

My Training background is I have over 5,000 hours of formal weapons training and recently retired from the public sector and now have time to take some classes .i have taught firearms off and on for 10 years .

I enjoy taking basic classes from different schools when i can and i very much enjoyed this class and working with Steve.

What the " Run the Gun " 2 day class is NOT is rolling around in the dirt and running around cars and missing all your shots . There are plenty of schools for that . I have been to a lot of them and watched students flounder and miss and miss etc...

While I do believe that it has a lot of importance, many times students from both sides of the fence , civilian and LEO, just do not have the basic skill set to get the hits under some time pressure standing still .

This is where Run the Gun really stands out .

Once the intro and safety and basic are covered we worked on times pressure getting got hits on a 6 inch size plate at different ranges. I did not believe we would shoot close to 700 rounds a day but we were close !

Steve is a outstanding instructor. He has the ability to tailor a class to the level of a student that shows up to his class , that is a skill that is not easy to find these days .

I am hoping to get back to do some more private training with Steve before summer is over .

I would highly recommend Cerberus Training Group

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads