JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
It appears that CenturyLink is blocking emails from the northwestfirearms.com domain, causing issues for members using @centurylink.com and @q.com email addresses.

I'll try to simplify what's happening. Our site sends emails for a variety of reasons, replies to watched threads, new conversations, etc. When one of these emails is rejected by the receiving email server (for any of a variety of reasons), our site automatically stops sending email to that address and puts the account in a limited state until the issue is resolved. This is indicated to members with a banner at the top of the screen asking them to update their email address (since 90% of the time the reason this happens is that the email address has changed).

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do on our end aside from ask CenturyLink to unblock our domain. They used to have a form to do this, but I can't seem to find it, so I'm assuming they removed it.

The only course of action for members who are affected by this to contact CenturyLink themselves.

The following is the error we receive when attempting to send an email to these domains. Hopefully if enough of you contact them they will lift the block.

Reporting-MTA: dsn; a27-205.smtp-out.us-west-2.amazonses.com

Action: failed
Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.

On a related note, this is why accounts are automatically deactivated when you mark our messages as spam in your email inbox. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us you can disable all emails in your account settings, or contact us via the form and we'll do it for you. The last thing we want is to waste resources emailing people who don't want to be emailed :)

Is this something to do with a site (NWFA) that discusses and facilitates firearms interest?

I don't believe so.

We've had this happen with various other ISP's in the past. Usually it's a result of people not going through the proper channels to unsubscribe (such as clicking the link we have at the bottom of every email), and instead clicking the spam button. If ISP's see enough of these emails marked as spam from a domain they'll block the entire domain (as they should, honestly).

Here is what I got back for you to do, even though I think that I sent all of the information required.

Hello,

We will be happy to look into the issue. We need a few things from the sending party in order to start. Please provide all the information requested below in order to expedite the process. The headers and copy of the bounce back message are very important. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

1. Complete headers and full body from a recent bounce back message (within the last 24 hours) including error codes in plain text format.
2. A copy of the intended message including attachments. (No image, PDF or Word DOC copies of the original message please.)

Send the above requested information to [email protected] and CC [email protected] with the subject line of: Postmaster please review for <your email address or domain>

How to get Message Headers:

Trace an email with its full headers - Gmail Help

If you are using CenturyLink webmail use the following instructions.

1. Right-click on the bounce back message and select Show Original.
2. Copy and paste all the information from the pop up window into your reply.

Additionally, high volume senders can apply to our feedback loop here: fbl.synacor.com

** While this box is actively monitored, due to the volume of messaging, it is not possible to respond to each message individually. If you have a general support question, please use the contact options here: Contact Us - Sales, Customer Service, Repair | CenturyLink for immediate assistance. **

Thank you,
CenturyLink Postmaster
[email protected]

*CenturyLink will NEVER ask for your password or account information via email* If you receive an email asking for your CenturyLink account information please report it to [email protected] by forwarding it as an attachment.

***Help us fight Spam***
To report spam please use the "Spam" button located at the top of your CenturyLink webmail or forward it as an attachment to [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews