JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
While 'm out camping, some A$$ helped himself to three packages that got delivered yestarday. He went up to my front door at 3 am. One of the boxes was a buttstock for a rifle. I'm beyond pissed, but also concerned that now this person and his worthless bag of meat pals know that there are firearms in the house. Would you worry, or not really? Yes, everything is in safes and those are in a reinforced (as much as possible in a wood construction home) safe room.

While 'm out camping, some A$$ helped himself to three packages that got delivered yestarday. He went up to my front door at 3 am. One of the boxes was a buttstock for a rifle. I'm beyond pissed, but also concerned that now this person and his worthless bag of meat pals know that there are firearms in the house. Would you worry, or not really? Yes, everything is in safes and those are in a reinforced (as much as possible in a wood construction home) safe room.
If you don't have one good time to instal an alarm system also. They are super cheap and simple now days. Sorry some piece of đź’© made off with your stuff.

If you don't have one good time to instal an alarm system also. They are super cheap and simple now days. Sorry some piece of đź’© made off with your stuff.
The stuff is not a big deal. Yea, I'm pissed. Biggest deal was expensive dog food that I'm short on , and now need to find locally.

I have cameras, both outside and inside the home, which is how i know what happened and when, and an internal home alarm. The front door camera is set not to activate the alarm, but I created a new security profile that will do this now, at night. I guess can't do much more.

The stuff is not a big deal. Yea, I'm pissed. Biggest deal was expensive dog food that I'm short on , and now need to find locally.

I have cameras, both outside and inside the home, which is how i know what happened and when, and an internal home alarm. The front door camera is set not to activate the alarm, but I created a new security profile that will do this now, at night. I guess can't do much more.
SimpliSafe makes a home system that is very low cost and super simple to put in yourself. Best part about them is if you move you just take it all with you. At least then if the scum do break in they will set off the alarm. Sad part is the scum probably tossed the dog food aside when they found out what it was :mad:

I'm running simpisafe actually , plus a separate camera system feeding to local dvr with a battery power backup , so it records even when power is down. The dog food was 22lbs bag, so the $hit bag probably had a car , I doubt they carried it down the street .

What a bummer, but........

I feel like I'm reading on "Next Door"! And reading next door makes me feel like it destroys IQ points. :oops: Why on earth do people still have things delivered to their porches when they wont be home? And left over night to boot? WTH?
--Sigh--

I feel like I'm reading on "Next Door"! And reading next door makes me feel like it destroys IQ points. :oops: Why on earth do people still have things delivered to their porches when they wont be home? And left over night to boot? WTH?
--Sigh--
I get it , my stupid fault . Thx

Not exactly related, though I've gotten into the habit of sending packages either to work or my retired parent's house. Great way to make sure a physical person receives the package. Had one too many close calls to let gun stuff sit on my porch.

I'm running simpisafe actually , plus a separate camera system feeding to local dvr with a battery power backup , so it records even when power is down. The dog food was 22lbs bag, so the $hit bag probably had a car , I doubt they carried it down the street .
Often the scum use a stolen car to run around doing this crap. Grab as many packages as they can find then sort them someplace to see what they got. Anything that looks like it will not turn a quick buck they just drop wherever they are. So when they found a bag of dog food doubt they bothered too even try. A LOT of the stuff these scum steal is later just dropped on the ground. Public flogging would be nice for those caught doing this. :mad:

Was the dog food Princess Pieces or Mongo Chow?
It was a half cow for the beast.
200.gif

Yes I would be worried. Package theft is a gateway crime. Next stop could be inside your home.

Seems like you've taken appropriate counter measures. The majority of porch pirates are simply opportunists and are too lazy and gutless to plan a full-scale robbery. They just want the quick score to throw up on Ebay.

--Sigh--
Some people do life. I don't know when everything I order is arriving at the house. ND banned me so I am actually getting smarter. Got home from gym last week and found the upper I ordered under a chair on the front porch. If we are gone for the weekend, I will ask neighbor to come over.

OP, I wouldn't worry much about it. Thieves of opportunity usually aren't burglars.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top