JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have some koren sgm tactical mags, with brown bear... noticed that when it strips a round it has a long score or scrape on the case, I'm assuming this isn't of concern in terms of making the cases dangerous to fire?

Might be just a burr or sharp point on the mag feed lips. Is the scrap a wide gouge or is it more like a sharp narrow scratch? Take a fine 600 grit stone and gently smooth the mag. Might be the mag follower, might be the feed lips.

Maybe you can safely hand rack some dummy rounds or maybe empty cases and eyeball exactly where the scratch comes from. A wide deep scrape cause will be easy to find. Also strip, smooth and oil lightly the mag inside. Fun.

I've also noticed those "scrape mark(s)" on my 7.62x54r steel cased Mosin Nagant ammo too. YES.....I assume it's from the feed lips (or feed ramp) and not the rifle's chamber.

So then.....
ME......I don't worry about it.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I may be the odd man here, but I've never been too concerned about scratch marks on my wolf ammo casings as long as they keep going bang bang. :s0033:

I may be the odd man here, but I've never been too concerned about scratch marks on my wolf ammo casings as long as they keep going bang bang. :s0033:

Since my AK shoots steel cased ammo I have never looked at the ejected cases to see if they are scratched or not. I don't care since my AK fires fine.

As to steel cased ammo, it is lacquered, so it may just be a scratch in the lacquer. In any event, a mag that feeds 100% is worth using a bit of 600 or even judicious use of a Kratex bit in a Dremel. It is more of a concern with rounds that will be reloaded.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top