JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Beanie babies, no; Jerky, yes (but I didn't buy any).

IMG_20230422_184640424.jpg

There, happy now???

Looks like an A2 delt-ring on it, and can't quite tell if that's an A1 or A2 birdcage. I've been issued M16A1's that had round and "teardrop" FA "knobs".
Yeah, the slip ring is kinda odd; more angled than a regular A2 ring, and it had one of those rare big knob FA's. The birdcage is definately A1, with slots all around.

IMG_20230423_120654446.jpg

Any chance your old friends name is Roy?
Yes Sir, my friend's name is Roy.

Any chance your old friends name is Roy?

Yeah, the slip ring is kinda odd; more angled than a regular A2 ring, and it had one of those rare big knob FA's. The birdcage is definately A1, with slots all around.

Yes Sir, my friend's name is Roy.

Uh oh…. them dots be connection'!

Who'll be the first to ask to borrow $20?

Moving on; after I fix this upper up, I will be building as dedicated A1 lower clone to go with. I already have parts on order.

I want to change out the slip ring, but really hate to have to drive out and replace the FSB pins.

Could the delta ring have been one of those armorer rebuilds
Something interesting here; it appears that the delta ring is plastic. I've been doing some investigating on this and have found other instances where plastic deltas were found on military rifles by active duty troopers doing inspections. So basically, this upper is a bit of an odd bird. Nothing sketchie, just different. I'm now suspecting it was an A1 / A2 transition model.

I'm intending to 'correct' what I can, but none-the-less, it's interesting.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews