JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It pretty ridiculous. I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon...which should include just about anything. Can someone explain to me how a switchblade is more dangerous than a firearm? :rolleyes:

I talked to a local member of our law enforcement community (nope, not gonna say which department/division) about this a coupe of years back when we had an incident at our residence, and he/she agreed that the laws in place are outdated and "ridiculous". Though he/she couldn't advise me to break the law in any way, he/she indicated that if a reasonable law abiding citizen were carrying a knife which was not legal, he/she wouldn't do anything unless it were used in a crime. I Asked him/her about use in self defense situations and he/she just gave a slight raise of their brow and smiled. ;)

I talked to a local member of our law enforcement community (nope, not gonna say which department/division) about this a coupe of years back when we had an incident at our residence, and he/she agreed that the laws in place are outdated and "ridiculous". Though he/she couldn't advise me to break the law in any way, he/she indicated that if a reasonable law abiding citizen were carrying a knife which was not legal, he/she wouldn't do anything unless it were used in a crime. I Asked him/her about use in self defense situations and he/she just gave a slight raise of their brow and smiled. ;)

Yea... no offense meant but I'm going to stick with a legal knife because it is partially for self defense and I'm not going to take the word of someone who supposedly has the inside scoop with local Leo - they all have their own personalities and just because one might look the other way doesnt mean that guy will be the one dealing with me in a self defense situation with an illegal blade:rolleyes:

I don't need anything more then the 3" limit anyway, it only takes 1" to punch into the jugular;)

Yea... no offense meant but I'm going to stick with a legal knife because it is partially for self defense and I'm not going to take the word of someone who supposedly has the inside scoop with local Leo - they all have their own personalities and just because one might look the other way doesnt mean that guy will be the one dealing with me in a self defense situation with an illegal blade:rolleyes:

I don't need anything more then the 3" limit anyway, it only takes 1" to punch into the jugular;)

I never said anybody should take what I said and run with it, nor did I say I had an "inside scoop". I simply had a conversation with the individual who responded to our 9-1-1 call following a burglary. I totally agree that a 3" blade is ample for defense if the user knows what they are doing. Personally, I take my chances and carry a 3.85" Emerson CQC-13, which is well outside the boundary of our local law.

I never said anybody should take what I said and run with it, nor did I say I had an "inside scoop". I simply had a conversation with the individual who responded to our 9-1-1 call following a burglary. I totally agree that a 3" blade is ample for defense if the user knows what they are doing. Personally, I take my chances and carry a 3.85" Emerson CQC-13, which is well outside the boundary of our local law.

I can understand that, I just can't justify myself.

Apologies if I put words in your mouth with my post.:oops:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top