JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/coroner-urges-army-to-stop-giving-ceremonial-daggers-to-retiring-soldiers-after-couple-murdered/ar-AA18ncki?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0304611ac7f84bc7942a
f10243dde1bf&ei=285
In Britain, where a coroner has a platform on the international news media.

Ban the tradition of giving retired Army soldiers a ceremonial dagger, because one guy kills with his...

As stupid and over-the-top as many of the calls to ban certain weapons are in this country, no calls for banning ceremonial daggers (one would presume, also the ceremonial swords some of us got), YET.

As I have some English heritage, and have visited, I cannot imagine living anywhere in the U.K. now in that climate of fearfulness.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/coroner-urges-army-to-stop-giving-ceremonial-daggers-to-retiring-soldiers-after-couple-murdered/ar-AA18ncki?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=0304611ac7f84bc7942a
f10243dde1bf&ei=285
In Britain, where a coroner has a platform on the international news media.

Ban the tradition of giving retired Army soldiers a ceremonial dagger, because one guy kills with his...

As stupid and over-the-top as many of the calls to ban certain weapons are in this country, no calls for banning ceremonial daggers (one would presume, also the ceremonial swords some of us got), YET.

As I have some English heritage, and have visited, I cannot imagine living anywhere in the U.K. now in that climate of fearfulness.
Maybe they should just ban everything. Table knives, forks, box knives, Saran Wrap with the little cutting edge. That way no one would get hurt. Oh if there were just more laws and more rules to bow down to then everyone would be safe.

Fing idiots. Human beings will never be 100% safe no matter how many laws they pass.

Ban words, too. Because words hurt
Aren't we doing that here now? On a related note, I was reading an article about rifle slings, and the author states that we don't use the term "African carry" anymore, it's now "safari carry." We do have a de facto banning of words here now, ask any high school or university teacher/professor -- they actually are told what words they cannot use lest they "trigger" a student or commit a "micro-aggression."

The PC crap, the woke-ness is getting unbearable. We change the names of sports teams (whose original ownership or leadership chose the names that represented bravery, warrior ethos, nobility) but the Native Americans still call themselves Indians and the EQC sign still says "Puyallup Tribe of Indians" in bright neon.

Maybe they should just ban everything. Table knives, forks, box knives, Saran Wrap with the little cutting edge. That way no one would get hurt. Oh if there were just more laws and more rules to bow down to then everyone would be safe.

Fing idiots. Human beings will never be 100% safe no matter how many laws they pass.
They pretty much have banned everything over there. Strict knife laws and a lot of hoops to jump through just to be kitchen and chef's knives. It's frickin' insane. A worse nanny state than New York or California.

D32DA6D2-F7DD-4952-8AC1-B52036558511.jpeg

I love this bubblegum. First, they (essentially) banned guns. That didn't work so then they banned carrying knives. That didn't work so they banned mugs in bars. That didn't work so they banned insults. That didn't work so the imported a million fighting age males from bubblegumhole countries. That didn't work either. What to do, what to do?

:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top