JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It pretty ridiculous. I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon...which should include just about anything. Can someone explain to me how a switchblade is more dangerous than a firearm? :rolleyes:

I talked to a local member of our law enforcement community (nope, not gonna say which department/division) about this a coupe of years back when we had an incident at our residence, and he/she agreed that the laws in place are outdated and "ridiculous". Though he/she couldn't advise me to break the law in any way, he/she indicated that if a reasonable law abiding citizen were carrying a knife which was not legal, he/she wouldn't do anything unless it were used in a crime. I Asked him/her about use in self defense situations and he/she just gave a slight raise of their brow and smiled. ;)

I talked to a local member of our law enforcement community (nope, not gonna say which department/division) about this a coupe of years back when we had an incident at our residence, and he/she agreed that the laws in place are outdated and "ridiculous". Though he/she couldn't advise me to break the law in any way, he/she indicated that if a reasonable law abiding citizen were carrying a knife which was not legal, he/she wouldn't do anything unless it were used in a crime. I Asked him/her about use in self defense situations and he/she just gave a slight raise of their brow and smiled. ;)

Yea... no offense meant but I'm going to stick with a legal knife because it is partially for self defense and I'm not going to take the word of someone who supposedly has the inside scoop with local Leo - they all have their own personalities and just because one might look the other way doesnt mean that guy will be the one dealing with me in a self defense situation with an illegal blade:rolleyes:

I don't need anything more then the 3" limit anyway, it only takes 1" to punch into the jugular;)

Yea... no offense meant but I'm going to stick with a legal knife because it is partially for self defense and I'm not going to take the word of someone who supposedly has the inside scoop with local Leo - they all have their own personalities and just because one might look the other way doesnt mean that guy will be the one dealing with me in a self defense situation with an illegal blade:rolleyes:

I don't need anything more then the 3" limit anyway, it only takes 1" to punch into the jugular;)

I never said anybody should take what I said and run with it, nor did I say I had an "inside scoop". I simply had a conversation with the individual who responded to our 9-1-1 call following a burglary. I totally agree that a 3" blade is ample for defense if the user knows what they are doing. Personally, I take my chances and carry a 3.85" Emerson CQC-13, which is well outside the boundary of our local law.

I never said anybody should take what I said and run with it, nor did I say I had an "inside scoop". I simply had a conversation with the individual who responded to our 9-1-1 call following a burglary. I totally agree that a 3" blade is ample for defense if the user knows what they are doing. Personally, I take my chances and carry a 3.85" Emerson CQC-13, which is well outside the boundary of our local law.

I can understand that, I just can't justify myself.

Apologies if I put words in your mouth with my post.:oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top