JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not that exact one, but I have a very similar holster from the same people (Federal Holsterworks), and for the money, it is fantastic. I also have Pistol Packaging, Alien Gear, and DeSantis rigs, but the Fed gets the most use. I have fished with it under a hoody many times, but not directly with waders. It is adjustable enough to be worn outside a jacket so I would expect it to be fine.
Good to know!
Thanks for the review! :s0155:

Maybe this. seac_polpone_speargun.jpg

That one looks nice, I might get one !
The Kenai is a little pricey for what you get, but all in all it works well. I wanted a holster that would keep my sidearm very accessible while hunting and fishing, but not in the way if I'm carrying a rifle slung on my shoulder or a backpack. It also does a great job of distributing the weight of that big pistol. 8F11BF80-1F68-457E-A667-5BAA7882DADA.jpeg

Wondering if anyone carries using waders, if so what holster do you use and what do you carry?

I use an old duty belt as my wader belt. They're wider & stiffer and work better for the task anyway, so I would carry in a duty (retention) style holster - I like Safariland stuff personally.

Well, I have to say I *did* carry that way in waders. In my new home state its too damn warm to wear waders while fishing, and so far the only creek I've fished - you couldn't pay me to wade - muddy buttom, snapping turtles, and lots of snakes around the places you'd get *out* of the water :D - I will eventually do some wade fishing in the Hill Country - lots of beautiful rivers there with cooler water and they could pass for a PNW stream, only they hold bass, panfish, and catfish instead of trout & salmon. Add to that - thanks to COVID I still can't legally carry, because I can't get a carry permit until I get a driver license, and I couldn't get an appointment earlier than the 2nd week in December. I can't legally carry a gun on my person off my own property right now. :(

I carry G29/20 in a home made Kenai knock-off. I used to have a shoulder holster but it got too uncomfortable. A chest rig is the way to go. When I looked at chest rigs the Kenais were $175 and I had at least 4 pistols I wanted chest and hip holsters for. I sourced materials for around $200, tools for $100 and now I have both chest and hip holsters for all 4. The guns fits so good I wouldn't even hesitate using it for mountain biking.

PXL_20201106_044424762.jpg

My buddies/relatives in AK carried nothing less than .44 mag and preferably .460 or .500... but I don't know how they carried.

Myself... when fishing in CanaDuh, I carried a short barreled 12ga on a sling across my back. Made casting hard but it was worth it. Once at dusk I had a huge shadow on the water close to me that scared the crap out of me... fortunately it turned out the be a moose, and fortunately it was intent on crossing the river instead of stomping me!!

When I lived in SE Alaska (especially when fishing Admiralty Island), a pistol-grip 12 gauge with slugs on a sling was the ticket.

Much more convenient to live in Oregon.

Back when I used to drift the Wilson and Trask and North Fork Lewis, I always stuck a stainless Taurus .357 snub nose in a pocket. Got soaked wet to the bone many times. Would just shake out the pistol and spray some WD40 on it. It was a $250 gun at the time. No big deal if it got wet or lost. I would say any compact-ish stainless revolver in a magnum cartridge would be a good bank or boat fishing pistol.

Back when I used to drift the Wilson and Trask and North Fork Lewis, I always stuck a stainless Taurus .357 snub nose in a pocket. Got soaked wet to the bone many times. Would just shake out the pistol and spray some WD40 on it. It was a $250 gun at the time. No big deal if it got wet or lost. I would say any compact-ish stainless revolver in a magnum cartridge would be a good bank or boat fishing pistol.

yeah, I was out this morning on the clackamas thinking I just need something like that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top