JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not that exact one, but I have a very similar holster from the same people (Federal Holsterworks), and for the money, it is fantastic. I also have Pistol Packaging, Alien Gear, and DeSantis rigs, but the Fed gets the most use. I have fished with it under a hoody many times, but not directly with waders. It is adjustable enough to be worn outside a jacket so I would expect it to be fine.
Good to know!
Thanks for the review! :s0155:

Maybe this. seac_polpone_speargun.jpg

That one looks nice, I might get one !
The Kenai is a little pricey for what you get, but all in all it works well. I wanted a holster that would keep my sidearm very accessible while hunting and fishing, but not in the way if I'm carrying a rifle slung on my shoulder or a backpack. It also does a great job of distributing the weight of that big pistol. 8F11BF80-1F68-457E-A667-5BAA7882DADA.jpeg

Wondering if anyone carries using waders, if so what holster do you use and what do you carry?

I use an old duty belt as my wader belt. They're wider & stiffer and work better for the task anyway, so I would carry in a duty (retention) style holster - I like Safariland stuff personally.

Well, I have to say I *did* carry that way in waders. In my new home state its too damn warm to wear waders while fishing, and so far the only creek I've fished - you couldn't pay me to wade - muddy buttom, snapping turtles, and lots of snakes around the places you'd get *out* of the water :D - I will eventually do some wade fishing in the Hill Country - lots of beautiful rivers there with cooler water and they could pass for a PNW stream, only they hold bass, panfish, and catfish instead of trout & salmon. Add to that - thanks to COVID I still can't legally carry, because I can't get a carry permit until I get a driver license, and I couldn't get an appointment earlier than the 2nd week in December. I can't legally carry a gun on my person off my own property right now. :(

I carry G29/20 in a home made Kenai knock-off. I used to have a shoulder holster but it got too uncomfortable. A chest rig is the way to go. When I looked at chest rigs the Kenais were $175 and I had at least 4 pistols I wanted chest and hip holsters for. I sourced materials for around $200, tools for $100 and now I have both chest and hip holsters for all 4. The guns fits so good I wouldn't even hesitate using it for mountain biking.

PXL_20201106_044424762.jpg

My buddies/relatives in AK carried nothing less than .44 mag and preferably .460 or .500... but I don't know how they carried.

Myself... when fishing in CanaDuh, I carried a short barreled 12ga on a sling across my back. Made casting hard but it was worth it. Once at dusk I had a huge shadow on the water close to me that scared the crap out of me... fortunately it turned out the be a moose, and fortunately it was intent on crossing the river instead of stomping me!!

When I lived in SE Alaska (especially when fishing Admiralty Island), a pistol-grip 12 gauge with slugs on a sling was the ticket.

Much more convenient to live in Oregon.

Back when I used to drift the Wilson and Trask and North Fork Lewis, I always stuck a stainless Taurus .357 snub nose in a pocket. Got soaked wet to the bone many times. Would just shake out the pistol and spray some WD40 on it. It was a $250 gun at the time. No big deal if it got wet or lost. I would say any compact-ish stainless revolver in a magnum cartridge would be a good bank or boat fishing pistol.

Back when I used to drift the Wilson and Trask and North Fork Lewis, I always stuck a stainless Taurus .357 snub nose in a pocket. Got soaked wet to the bone many times. Would just shake out the pistol and spray some WD40 on it. It was a $250 gun at the time. No big deal if it got wet or lost. I would say any compact-ish stainless revolver in a magnum cartridge would be a good bank or boat fishing pistol.

yeah, I was out this morning on the clackamas thinking I just need something like that.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews