JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There was video a while back, I cant find it now. But someone tested the setback theory , actually tapped the bullet back in to the casing a little at a time., I believe at one point the bullet was just about all the way into the casing, and fired the ammo.

Guess what nothing happen.

There was video a while back, I cant find it now. But someone tested the setback theory , actually tapped the bullet back in to the casing a little at a time., I believe at one point the bullet was just about all the way into the casing, and fired the ammo.

Guess what nothing happen.

Not surprising given the small dataset. The idea is that setback can cause excessive pressure - not that it will kaboom every time with every cartridge in every gun.

Regarding your ftf...have you never had an ftf with other ammo in that gun?

If so, you may have crud in the firing pin channel.
Most folks don't clean that when they do routine cleaning, but it can cause that sort of ftf.

Last Edited:
Well bubblegum. I had several setback across my 3 magazines. Out of the rotation they go and I am going to stop unloading my pistol as much or just fire them off

Regarding your ftf...have you never had an ftf with other ammo in that gun?

If so, you may have crud in the firing pin channel.
Most folks don't clean that when they do routine cleaning, but it can cause that sort of ftf.

Never had a FTF before, and never since. I may not clean out the firing pin and extractor channels often, but they do get cleaned on occasion.

On the setback thing....I shoot .357 sig exclusively and it is known for having a propensity for setback with it being bottle-necked, and having a small neck to hold the bullet. I've gotten into the habit of almost never unloading my firearms, and I have never found any setback. Granted that may not work in everybody's situation though.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top