JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please note the alternate text for the image:

"Xray scan detects weapon in criminals briefcase"
Screen Shot 2017-03-31 at 11.23.25 PM.png

Innocent until proven guilty? The assumption that everyone carrying a gun is a criminal....

That's where the real shame is, but eh... it's news media so what's else is expected?

In the picture posted in #2 ... the revolver is stowed in the bag at full cock....:eek:
And yes the caption wording is disturbing .... With the assumption that everyone who has a gun is a criminal.
Andy

My wife on her last trip found a pair of small pliers in her checked baggage. Didn't match any of ours. Had black electrical tape on handles. I figure a crooked TSA person used it to open small locks and hard to open zippers.
She has had to lose a couple of nice folders when using my bags.
Brutus Out

Believe it or not some people travel so much, driving somewhere one day, on a plane the next, along w/a stressful schedule and a small window between trips I can see it happening.

I used to think that too. Man, you gotta be a special kind of stupid to 'forget' about a firearm in a bag. Not so sure I'd jump right into that statement anymore. When you're a daily carrier and you have a lot going on I can understand an honest 'oh cr*p!' moment. I bet it's a hard lesson for some of them.

In the picture posted in #2 ... the revolver is stowed in the bag at full cock....:eek:

The whole thing looks photoshopped to me. There wouldn't be the surface detail on the gun and you sure as Hell wouldn't see images thru any part of the gun, like you can thru the cylinder here.

It's all BS.

Believe it or not some people travel so much, driving somewhere one day, on a plane the next, along w/a stressful schedule and a small window between trips I can see it happening.

I used to think that too. Man, you gotta be a special kind of stupid to 'forget' about a firearm in a bag. Not so sure I'd jump right into that statement anymore. When you're a daily carrier and you have a lot going on I can understand an honest 'oh cr*p!' moment. I bet it's a hard lesson for some of them.
So why would you bring a gun with you and leave it in your carry on all the time? Or you take it to meetings ?:eek:
You should still be aware of your firearm or maybe you (not you personally) should think of an alternative?

Yeah, personally I don't know. But I can just see someone getting all rattled and stressed out and having a 'lapse'. I would still consider it pretty stupid. I've done some pretty stupid things in the past and have been stunned by my own stupidity once or twice. I don't consider myself a 'stupid' guy, I'm sure none of us do.

Really, not trying to defend anyone for doing it. The thought just happened to cross my mind as I read the post.

Totally photo shopped BS. The criminal here is the perp who did the photoshop.
Invert colors, phase shift the RGB histogram until the gun handle is almost black, and this is what you get:
upload_2017-4-1_12-8-14.png

As if you're going to see the gun manfuacturer's registration mark on the gun. Yep.

I travel a lot. I carry all kinds of tools and electronics with me. I've inadvertently carried my EDC to TSA and gotten it through 5-6 times, and three other times they've found it and I've mailed home my EDC once, my Leatherman once, and let them keep the cheap Leatherman copy that was not worth the mailing.
One guy right behind me had a full magazine of 9mm in his backpack. They relieved him of the cartridges and let him mail the magazine to his home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top