JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Problem:
I recently picked up a Canadian made Colt 10.5" upper. It's pretty cool, it's stamped with the Diemaco logo on the upper and FA BCG. I haven't found a diemaco logo on the barrel yet but to be honest I haven't really looked. It's stamped C MP CB though so it's a colt.

The handguard on it is supposedly a factory set up. It's a GG&G from arizona with a GG&G flipup gas block front sight. The handguard is not M-lok or keymod. The slots are way bigger than mlok (they're around 10.5mm wide where as mlok slots are around 7mm). There are a series of bolt holes that are helicoiled with a stainless 4-40 thread (I think, haven't confirmed the thread size). I believe the bolt spacing on the sides is 50mm. It's close to 2" , but not quite.

The bolt pattern is different on the bottom (think bipod mount side). They're closer to 2.75". There is a rail section on it, but it will not work on the side.

I would like to get a rail section the mount on side to hold a cloud defensive LCS light setup but my searches haven't yielded any 50mm rail sections. I have the machinery and the knowledge to make my own but to be honest I'd rather buy the "correct" thing.

Anyone got any knowledge?

PS IF YOU HAVE A C7 or C8 LOWER YOU WANT TO SELL LET ME KNOW!

Backstory:
I went to university (that's what Canadian's call college, if you say you went to college that means you went to community college. University is MUCH more snooty) up in the frozen north. I successfully learned the ways of hockey, frozen women, and how to show up at church with enough beer in my system to make Judas blush. Since then I've held a special place in my heart for the country. It really is a special place. Somehow I managed to con my wife into getting married up there. It didn't take much effort because mountain lake we got hitched at is spectacular.

I'm now a sucker for that damn maple leaf.

around 2 weeks ago I was browsing armslist while drinking some Dark Horse Whisky (shameless plug, it's amazing. and from the North) and stumbled across an add that I tried to buy. It was a scam. It was a $500 Canadian upper that really caught my interest. Once I established that it was a scam I stopped conversations with the dude.

Unfortunately the urge to impulse buy was too strong. I did a search on gunbroker and found the EXACT upper the scammer was "selling". Same pictures, same description. Everything. But the on gunbroker was a well established business specializing in oddball collector's items (DUDE IS SELLING TOM SELLECK'S COLT JR 22 SHORT!).

So I texted @Joe Link to have him talk me out of bidding on it. He was zero help and I ended up bidding $230 more than the scammer was asking haha. Ohh well.

Long story short, I now have a colt pistol upper from Canada that I absolutely love. Yes, it was spendy, but I think it's worth it.

Pictures:
I put the upper on my NWFA special BBZ edition lower which I think makes this the single coolest NWFA built lower in existance ;)

IMG_8986.jpg

IMG_8987.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA