JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
re: " Those wheatfields really DO stretch for a thousand miles...."

Back in the 60s I actually visited on-site, a potato field in Idaho, that was a measured 10 miles x 10 miles square, under constant tillage. The tractors were of the absolute largest I'd ever seen, with the front (smaller) wheel being slightly taller than the top of my head. They were painted the colors of the potato bug, for some odd reason, that odd striped orange/tannish combination. <broken link removed>

close_up_colorado_potato_beetle_larvae_green_leaves_cg1p68173636c.jpg

Last Edited:
Joke for the day:

How do you get twenty Canadians out of a swimming pool?

Politely ask them to get out of the pool.

Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking aboot.

In 2015, Saskatchewan produced 24.6 Million tons of wheat. Rather less canola and other stuff.

And of course, there are also Manitoba and Alberta to add to that.....

Not too shabby, eh?

Saskatchewan-Prairie-Fields-1.jpg
140 miles by 210 miles....one farm.

tac

love me some Alberta prairie for sure....
however, dry land wheat farming is not as labor/machinery intense as central post spud farming;

Canadians must get this a lot: mistaken for Yanks.
Some BBC show I saw not too long ago had some guy with a vaguely North American accent visiting London. An Englishman asks him "what part of the States are you from?" and he answers "the Canadian part". :p

Canadians must get this a lot: mistaken for Yanks.
Some BBC show I saw not too long ago had some guy with a vaguely North American accent visiting London. An Englishman asks him "what part of the States are you from?" and he answers "the Canadian part". :p

Not when Canadians say "eh".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads