JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anybody??? Nobody???

Hint: Where on a schematic or a block diagram is the squelch circuit? (No answers allowed from you ham owner/operators!!!)

All this talk and no one mentions all the cars that still run? Plenty of gasoline that never goes bad? Batteries that never die? Tires that never wear out?

I did notice that the main cast, especially now, looks like a contrived and PC engineered cross-section of global humanity.. just like those zombies that are hand picked to stand behind the Democrat candidate of the day.
just a little over the freakin top there, peeps

All this talk and no one mentions all the cars that still run? Plenty of gasoline that never goes bad? Batteries that never die? Tires that never wear out?

I have gas that is several years old and it works fine. The battery in the car I gave my daughter is 13 years old and still works fine (I intend to replace it). Tires wear out mostly from driving, but they can age from UV and ozone.

I have gas that is several years old and it works fine. The battery in the car I gave my daughter is 13 years old and still works fine (I intend to replace it). Tires wear out mostly from driving, but they can age from UV and ozone.

I had a batter in an old Chevy S-10 that shorted internally and 'bulged', destroying the battery. When I took it in, the guy said it was the OEM battery - over 12 years old, one of the oldest he'd personally run across.

I watched it in the beginning for awhile. It's been 8 seasons I think? I just want AMC back. It's supposed to stand for "American Movie Classics".

The timeline also gets me...
....the actual elapsed time from Rick waking up in the hospital, to the end of season seven, is actually supposed to be less than 20 months!

Geez...that Carl kid is growing like a weed!;) A few TV months ago he could barely even pick up a gun.

I, however, understand it's not about physics, facts or even logic. It's about the story and the characters interacting... one of my favorites for now is the big Samoan(?) guy Gerry (so, I expect him to be killed off pretty soon).

Spoiler alert:
Really, Three bears wouldn't have lived in a house, sat on stools, slept in beds or made porridge.
My kid still liked the story though.

Last Edited:
The timeline also gets me...
....the actual elapsed time from Rick waking up in the hospital, to the end of season seven, is actually supposed to be less than 20 months!

Geez...that Carl kid is growing like a weed!;) A few TV months ago he could barely even pick up a gun.

I, however, understand it's not about physics, facts or even logic. It's about the story and the characters interacting... one of my favorites for now is the big Samoan(?) guy Gerry (so, I expect him to be killed off pretty soon).

Spoiler alert:
Really, Three bears wouldn't have lived in a house, sat on stools, slept in beds or made porridge.
My kid still liked the story though.

I thought I saw him go down when the .50 cal came out, I was glad to see he wasn't in that mix.

if automatic weapons were so easy to get... where they hell are mine?

Used to watch, currently this season is recorded on the DVR and I haven't even touched it. Not knowing if I'll watch it or just kill the recording.

WHERE DID THEY GET ALL THEM AUTOMATIC WEAPONS???:eek::eek::eek::D
The absence of the Military kinda means that there are military weapons everywhere. Not to mention, once the SHTF, everyone with Full Auto weapons put them in use.

I quit watching walking dead after all the fake, no clue gun stuff became too much for me to handle!
Besides, you don' just walk down the street and trip over a bunch of usable ammo that you have weapons for! :(

There's a butt load of ammo in our Country. In Georgia alone, where this movie takes place, there are quite a few Ammunition Factories/Companies that could supply a War for years with the Ammo they have just in storage, not to mention all of the small shops they supply. Its a lot different back east than it is here in the Pac NW. You can go on Georgia Arms website and buy a million rounds of 9mm and a few million rounds of .223 & 5.56, and have it at your door step the next day. Thats not even including the actual Armories. Georgia has a Significant amount of Military bases.
Army has Fort Benning and Fort Gordon just to name a few, the Navy has Kings Bay Submarine Base, and the Air Force has Robins Air Force Base and Moody Air Force Base. I dont think Weapons or Ammunition would be an issue for a Zombie Apocalypse in the State of Georgia haha
The real question is, where are all of the Military Vehicles, Fighter Jets & Helicopters!? We've only seen a few and that was mostly in the first 2 or 3 seasons. With Kings Bay Submarine Naval Base close by, why TF havent they tried to hop on a Military Ship and get away from the population for awhile. These ships can support a lot of people for a very long time.
Cruisers & Destroyers can hold around 300 Crew, and have enough Weapons to take out anything in its way!
An Aircraft Carrier can hold around 3500-4000 Crew, as well as Jets & Helicopters. Have one of these for your "Home Base" out in sea, and use a Helicopter, & Cruiser/Destroyer for travelling closer to land. This would be my Plan at least! Those ships have everything you need. Even a Gigantic Cruise Ship would be a good decision. Kitchens, 100s of rooms, bathrooms, Hot Water! No more being cold & wet at night, no more worrying about ppl trying to kill you, and the biggest thing... No worrying about Walkers!

But this is a Story based off of a Graphic Novel that has already been written(for the most part) so there are guidelines that have to be followed, and i get that, and i still LOVE the Show!

Gee, what can I say? First f all, you state that you are not a gun person, but here you are on a site dedicated to gun owners. Well, that sets the scene.

First of all, gun owners understand that it is Hollywood and is not supposed to be real.
Second, the director is also not a gun person. If he was, he would go rent prop guns that actually function, but of course, all those actors would freak out if something actually went BANG in front of them. They are not gun people either.

May I suggest that you take the show for what it is, Pretend. Zombies are not real, and dead people cannot walk. If you try to make that sort of thing real in your mind, perhaps you should go ask Santa Clause for your Christmas present this year, and next spring you should go search for the Easter Bunny. easter bunny was born.jpg

Gee, what can I say? First f all, you state that you are not a gun person, but here you are on a site dedicated to gun owners. Well, that sets the scene.

First of all, gun owners understand that it is Hollywood and is not supposed to be real.
Second, the director is also not a gun person. If he was, he would go rent prop guns that actually function, but of course, all those actors would freak out if something actually went BANG in front of them. They are not gun people either.

May I suggest that you take the show for what it is, Pretend. Zombies are not real, and dead people cannot walk. If you try to make that sort of thing real in your mind, perhaps you should go ask Santa Clause for your Christmas present this year, and next spring you should go search for the Easter Bunny.View attachment 407171

Are you saying @Joe Link isn't a gun guy?? First of all, he was simply quoting an article, he wasn't saying it himself.

Secondly, Joe is the owner of the very site you're on right now. He is most definitely a gun guy. The person that wrote the article he quote is not a gun person. You may want to redirect your comments away from Joe and clarify they apply to the person that wrote the article he quoted.

Try watching the show. The 5.56 ammo for the M16's and I assume the Augs , HK's etc came from the national guard armory that Rick found with all the MRE's. 7.62 as well. Before that they were scrounging around for ammo. Where he's getting the rounds for his Python I don't know.

As far as the preponderance of full auto guns when 98% of the population suddenly goes away the full auto guns that are out there now are still out there. Military, LEO, dealer samples, class 3 etc. After a couple of years the good stuff has been found and is in use by whoever is left. Yeah, the mags last a little longer than they should and all those zombies would be dead dead within a few minutes in the real world.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top