JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am going to the blazer's game tonight.

Can I CCW there?

I know... I should know this. For the life of me I cant remember and dont have time to try to find the exact legality of it as I'm in a rush to get ready and leave!

I think they'll tell you "No". But they only check bags at the check-stations last time I was there. :)

Carried mine just fine.

Not sure of the legalities, or if they'll metal detector you, or what.

I thought the organization had a rule against it, but the last game I went to I didn't see anything posted. I definitely wished I was packing after the game, pretty seedy looking characters hanging out in alleys on the way back to the car.

On another note I hope the Blazers get a win, before they forget HOW to win.:D

I thought the organization had a rule against it, but the last game I went to I didn't see anything posted. I definitely wished I was packing after the game, pretty seedy looking characters hanging out in alleys on the way back to the car.

On another note I hope the Blazers get a win, before they forget HOW to win.:D

Amen on both counts. The last time I went to a Blazers game, I took the Max from Hillsboro. Wasn't armed then, but wish I was. As cyclesarge said, there were some pretty seedy looking characters on the Max.

I don't recall seeing anyone wanded or metal detectors. They have the theft detectors at the doors to see if anyone is stealing any souvenirs that they are selling in the booths, but I think they just alert for the theft detector strips in some items.

BTW, if you look, they are posted for weapons, but if it were me, I would just carried CONCEALED. The worst they can do if they catch you is ask you to leave. Although their security may try to hassle you.

<broken link removed>

If I have a concealed weapons permit, may I bring a weapon into the Rose Quarter?
All weapons (handguns, etc.) will not be permitted on our premises, even if you have a concealed weapons permit.

If I am an active off-duty police officer, may I bring my weapon with me to an event?
The Rose Garden is a private facility which hosts private events. We do not allow off-duty police to carry their firearm into the buildings.

<broken link removed>

If I have a concealed weapons permit, may I bring a weapon into the Rose Quarter?
All weapons (handguns, etc.) will not be permitted on our premises, even if you have a concealed weapons permit.

If I am an active off-duty police officer, may I bring my weapon with me to an event?
The Rose Garden is a private facility which hosts private events. We do not allow off-duty police to carry their firearm into the buildings.

Once again, concealed means CONCEALED! Ya plays the game, ya takes ya chances! Again, the worst they can do is ask you to leave. If you refuse, you will have a problem. Your call.

That's not the worst they can do, but it's likely what they would do.

Most sporting event facilities don't permit weapons so as a rule of thumb either plan to violate the policies or leave it at home.

The Rose Garden is a private facility which hosts private events.

Just a thought. Does the Rose Garden get ANY type of public or state funding? If so, I would think their strict no weapons policy would run afoul of Oregon's preemption laws. Anyone have any input here?

That's not the worst they can do, but it's likely what they would do.

Most sporting event facilities don't permit weapons so as a rule of thumb either plan to violate the policies or leave it at home.

I agree that they could do more. Whether it would stand up in court is debatable. It's a matter of how much risk you are willing to take to ensure your safety to and from the game. That's why I said " Ya play the game, ya takes ya chances.".

The Rose Garden is a private facility which hosts private events.

Just a thought. Does the Rose Garden get ANY type of public or state funding? If so, I would think their strict no weapons policy would run afoul of Oregon's preemption laws. Anyone have any input here?

It doesn't matter if they recieve public funds or not. Private property is just that, private property.

Case in point, several years ago the city of Portland funded a new years party at pioneer square. They had a private company host the event. The private company barred ANY weapon at the event. It was bullbubblegum through and through but somehow legal even though it was PUBLIC property.

The last Blazer game I attended wanded everyone who came through. This was 10+ years ago so YMMV. I'm not so sure I'd want to leave a firearm in a car anywhere near the rose quarter. Vehicle theft is high and there are many shady individuals hanging around.

It doesn't matter if they recieve public funds or not. Private property is just that, private property.

Case in point, several years ago the city of Portland funded a new years party at pioneer square. They had a private company host the event. The private company barred ANY weapon at the event. It was bullbubblegum through and through but somehow legal even though it was PUBLIC property.

The last Blazer game I attended wanded everyone who came through. This was 10+ years ago so YMMV. I'm not so sure I'd want to leave a firearm in a car anywhere near the rose quarter. Vehicle theft is high and there are many shady individuals hanging around.

You make a good point. That's how Portland gets away with barring CHL holders from the Rose Festival Waterfront park. They contract a private company, but I would bet one of the contract provisions is that the contractor ban CHL holders from entry. I know. I went down several years ago just to test it and they barred me from entry even though I have valid Oregon CHL. I would be very interested in seeing the contract provisions for the Rose Festival waterfront event, although I have a sneaking supsicion that barring CHL holders would not be in it. Many requirements that are referred to in phone calls and e-mails never make into the final RFQ's.

I agree that they could do more. Whether it would stand up in court is debatable. It's a matter of how much risk you are willing to take to ensure your safety to and from the game. That's why I said " Ya play the game, ya takes ya chances.".

Yeah, I agree with your "at your own risk" statement. Threadstarter is informed now on the policies and chooses either to respect them or not.

Just got home. Greg oden is terrible just first and foremost.

Secondly carried fine the whole time. Not a problem. No wanding or anything. They just check women purses as you go in... Kind of. They shine a flashlight into it and say ok go ahead.

I'm very glad I did though. On the walk to my car very shady drunk people everywhere.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top