Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Camo Identification?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by timbernet, Jun 29, 2009.

1. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

I stopped by the local Army Surplus Store and found a shirt and pants I liked... but I don't know the name of the pattern:

Back in the old days (ie: a few years ago) I would have called it "digital camo" -- but now I know there are more specific names, any ideas?

Thanks!

2. odiesplace97301

odiesplace97301 silverton area Member

it's acu current army issue. It looks really cool, the marine marpat is much better for around here. ACU does work well for hiding on ugly sofa's though. You can find alot of it a goodwill and I bet it's cheaper than the surplus store. What surplus store do yoy go to , the one in Salem is pretty empty most of the time

3. timbernet

Cool thanks!

Just starting to build a little collection of different camo types. I have woodland, desert and now ACU... Need to find some marpat now.

The surplus store is "Sgt Gators Post Exchange Army Surplus" in Boring, OR.

4. odiesplace97301

I got my marpat from a Marine buddy who has now retired,you dont see it around very much...I'll pm you sometime and you can give me directions to Sgt Gators, if you dont mind sharing your source.

5. timbernet

6. odiesplace97301

cool thanks been 10 yrs between trips to Boring. Really you should check goodwill. found a bunch of surplus stuff there, cheap

7. timbernet

Okay - after another trip to the Army Surplus Store I saw some backbacks and clothing in this pattern:

Looking online, it looks like Marpat? Is that correct?

8. M.Link

M.Link Guest

Yep that's it! My favorite digital. I have a issue usmc pack in that color. Really blends in well in my parts

9. odiesplace97301

Thats it... If you find actual Marine issue stuff there will be small globe & anchor designs in the cammo pattern. Sometimes it takes some looking but its always there on issue uniforms

10. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I like the Marpat for in the mountains to the west of Bend, but the ACU is great for the scrubland east of town and also in the winter when the snow lightens things up a bunch. Both are great patterns that have their place...

11. M.Link

M.Link Guest

The USMC pack I have has the globe and ancor on it. I think the ACU is kinda ugly. I really still like the old woodland camo. I have a lot of it.