JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I showed up 15 minutes late, and they dismissed me... i was dissapointed, but was also glad to go back to work. I'm the sole provider of a family of 5- soon to be 6- and a missed week or two of work was not likely to work for me.

i believe in civic duty, but your own come first.

I understand. I was fortunate in that there was always overtime available and I could work weekends or afterhours to make up the lost $$$.

I was on a jury a few years ago and actually have federal jury duty again next week. I look forward to a day away from my normal job. I enjoyed the experience being jury foreman on a jury trial about 18 years ago. Very little chance you will be sequestered away for weeks/months. I don't know of any high profile cases right now. It can be boring bring a book.

I have always felt it was a civic responsibility to serve and have. It is not encouraging to know that a jury might be composed of those folks that weren't smart enough to get off. :winkkiss:

People with Union contracts usually have a provision that gives them full pay and mandatory employer release for their time on jury duty. It's simply the patriotic thing to do. So you will find a high proportion of intelligent, skilled working people who have Unionized jobs on jury duty too, folks who are happy and proud to be there......................elsullo

Walk in there wearing a T-shirt that says something like the following...

God, Guns, Guts... its what made America great!

I'm not a bigot... I hate everyone.

Guilty? FRY E'M!!

How much for the monkey?

Aliens probed me... I'm still sore.

No prosecutor, or defense lawyer will want you within 500' of the jury box!! :D

elsullo's reason for liking the opportunity to serve was here

I liked your write-up. I've never been called as yet (eligible 17 years next week) but will go and even somewhat look forward to it when I do get called. Some of it is that it's a small ask overall on my time compared to other things I do, but mostly because I at least like to think of myself as someone really impartial that can give someone the benefit of the doubt while supporting the rule of law.

Especially when I hear of some cases that make the paper and how they end up. There are some seriously dumb or just lazy pratts in this country.

I can understand having commitments, and if you truly have unbreakable commitments being upfront and honest with the clerks is the right thing to do. Otherwise? I'd bring a good book and be prepared to judge impartially over a peer.

I lived in Linn County for over 20 years, during this time i got called up for jury duty 3 times. I do not mind doing my civic duty, but this was getting ridiculous. So the third time i wore my Smith and Wesson tee shirt to the jury introduction, the court clerk called me up and told me to go home, that i was excussed. I have not been called back since. ha ha ha

ah yes, jury duty- i just had to call in again tonight, i'm out for this week anyway-wheeeew,i'll do it cuz its my duty,its just being part of the system.i find in life we don't always like what we'ar doing,we just do it. ie;my daughter calls at 11:00pm cuz her car won't start at work,and my son is setting home with 3 kids,idon't like it ,but i go get her-asked my doctor once to give me a excuse for jury duty cuz M/S and my mind does'nt always work that good.she said get your butt down there , and sharpen your mind,nuffsaid-steven

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top