JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I showed up 15 minutes late, and they dismissed me... i was dissapointed, but was also glad to go back to work. I'm the sole provider of a family of 5- soon to be 6- and a missed week or two of work was not likely to work for me.

i believe in civic duty, but your own come first.

I understand. I was fortunate in that there was always overtime available and I could work weekends or afterhours to make up the lost $$$.

I was on a jury a few years ago and actually have federal jury duty again next week. I look forward to a day away from my normal job. I enjoyed the experience being jury foreman on a jury trial about 18 years ago. Very little chance you will be sequestered away for weeks/months. I don't know of any high profile cases right now. It can be boring bring a book.

I have always felt it was a civic responsibility to serve and have. It is not encouraging to know that a jury might be composed of those folks that weren't smart enough to get off. :winkkiss:

People with Union contracts usually have a provision that gives them full pay and mandatory employer release for their time on jury duty. It's simply the patriotic thing to do. So you will find a high proportion of intelligent, skilled working people who have Unionized jobs on jury duty too, folks who are happy and proud to be there......................elsullo

Walk in there wearing a T-shirt that says something like the following...

God, Guns, Guts... its what made America great!

I'm not a bigot... I hate everyone.

Guilty? FRY E'M!!

How much for the monkey?

Aliens probed me... I'm still sore.

No prosecutor, or defense lawyer will want you within 500' of the jury box!! :D

elsullo's reason for liking the opportunity to serve was here

I liked your write-up. I've never been called as yet (eligible 17 years next week) but will go and even somewhat look forward to it when I do get called. Some of it is that it's a small ask overall on my time compared to other things I do, but mostly because I at least like to think of myself as someone really impartial that can give someone the benefit of the doubt while supporting the rule of law.

Especially when I hear of some cases that make the paper and how they end up. There are some seriously dumb or just lazy pratts in this country.

I can understand having commitments, and if you truly have unbreakable commitments being upfront and honest with the clerks is the right thing to do. Otherwise? I'd bring a good book and be prepared to judge impartially over a peer.

I lived in Linn County for over 20 years, during this time i got called up for jury duty 3 times. I do not mind doing my civic duty, but this was getting ridiculous. So the third time i wore my Smith and Wesson tee shirt to the jury introduction, the court clerk called me up and told me to go home, that i was excussed. I have not been called back since. ha ha ha

ah yes, jury duty- i just had to call in again tonight, i'm out for this week anyway-wheeeew,i'll do it cuz its my duty,its just being part of the system.i find in life we don't always like what we'ar doing,we just do it. ie;my daughter calls at 11:00pm cuz her car won't start at work,and my son is setting home with 3 kids,idon't like it ,but i go get her-asked my doctor once to give me a excuse for jury duty cuz M/S and my mind does'nt always work that good.she said get your butt down there , and sharpen your mind,nuffsaid-steven

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top