JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, the gub'mint knows better donchaknow. Just ask Riverton, WY which is now part of the Wind River Indian nation according to the EPA. This is a fight I can't wait to see. I am hoping the backlash builds and if moderates and conservatives win in 2014 they'll defund the EPA back to 1975!
I got your microstamp rightchere!
Brutus Out

The headline isn't quite true:

Smith & Wesson will continue to sell revolvers, bolt action rifles and its newly-launched Shield and SDVE pistols in California.

I bet the Shield is a big percentage of their handgun sales, and the new SDVE probably obsolete some of the dropped models.

Except for one possible issue, this is exactly what the anti-gunners want; they don't want guns sold there, and if gun manufacturers refuse to sell there, then that is a win for them. Not saying manufacturers should sell there - just that anti-gunners will see this as a good thing.

I don't know if the law exempts LEO sales, but if it doesn't, then this could put a crimp in LEOs trying to buy firearms and I would then predict the law being repealed if enough manufacturers pull out all their guns (the article says something about grandfathering some guns).

calif did make one small improvement a few years ago. The waiting period was shortened from 15 days to 10 days. The law that made my brother and I close our sporting goods store was the one where after a lot of training, I would have to certify the purchaser of a hand gun was "competant to handle it safely" before the transfer/sale was completed. I was concerned if someone I did certify had a accident with that hand gun, the calif dept of justice would sue me into bankruptcy.

Thats no improvement, it just another brainfart. CA is a wasted lost cause.
Everything they do there is Communist/Marxist in nature. I don't even consider them part of this nation any longer. Just a huge waste dump.

Microstamping! What a brilliant idea; because nobody could ever pick up the brass or use a revolver to get around this fail safe invention.

What needs to be micro-stamped is their brain, so they could be identified and not allowed in the country any longer.

calif did make one small improvement a few years ago. The waiting period was shortened from 15 days to 10 days. The law that made my brother and I close our sporting goods store was the one where after a lot of training, I would have to certify the purchaser of a hand gun was "competant to handle it safely" before the transfer/sale was completed. I was concerned if someone I did certify had a accident with that hand gun, the calif dept of justice would sue me into bankruptcy.

No, the bad requirement you were required by law to satisfy still existed.

Microstamping! What a brilliant idea; because nobody could ever pick up the brass or use a revolver to get around this fail safe invention.

Or use a file file, buy some replacement components, or build a ghost gun which apparently only exists there. :s0114:

A bad guy could reload a found spent brass casing and make a nightmare for an innocent civilian.

Microstamping is such a very, very bad idea.

Am I missing something? If the stamp is on firing pin then the numbers would be on the primer. You have to replace the primer to reload it.....

No matter it is a horrible idea.

Or use a file file, buy some replacement components, or build a ghost gun which apparently only exists there. :s0114:

Are those ghost guns you're talking about the ones that fire 30 caliber, 30 round magazine clips in less than half a second? I've heard they have a pretty sweet sniper version too.

good im glad they said no to it. but the other side is the left will do anything possible to further there agenda by any means,if there is a crack,or opening in the wall they will do anything to get through and by any means,even though they think the idea is going to solve matters the fools cant see past there nose.remember we are always under attack and always will be so be active and always on gaurd!!!! to protect and perserve our 2A!!!!

Hpefully they quit selling to the LEO's there as well. Otherwise its rather meaningless and only impacts us.

And it's all BS by S&W and possilble Ruger anyway, since the only thing they quit selling are semi-auto handguns.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top