JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think they really care. There was was no border check for magazines while they were banned.
OTOH around the 4th of July, they watched for CA plates at the Pahrump NV fireworks stores and busted people when they crossed into CA.
But that is way easier than tracking every gun store and gun show in surrounding states.
That said, I guarantee there will be someone stupid enough to grossly overload his car with ammo and get busted when it breaks down.

The effect of the massive amount of money donated to the anti-gun campaigns in Washington state can't be denied. 2A Foundation, Forbes magazine and other sources have credited the avalanche of cash as contributing to the success of the recent anti-gun measures. Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Steve Ballmer, Nick Hanauer, even Michael Bloomberg have contributed a combined multi-million dollars for anti-gun causes in Wash. That kind of money buys a lot of propaganda. And some people might say it buys votes on the state supreme court but I'd never say that, no.

But the real mover of public opinion is the invocation of words such as, "reasonable" and "common sense" when presenting anti-gun arguments. There are camps of hard-liners on both sides of any election. It is the undecided voters in the middle who tend to swing elections. Since surveys show that gun owning households are in a minority, we can assume that a large number of the middle voters are not gun owners. So they don't have a dog in the fight; they hear the word, "reasonable," they figure, "Why not vote for it? What will it hurt?" The idea of limiting the powers of tyrannical government couldn't be farther from their minds.

Ask any of those places fighting this what they could do if they had a couple million voters who would vote as a block. Then ask them how many million gun owners there are in the state. Then blame the billionaires for the gun owners who refuse to bother to vote at all, or better yet Virtue signal that they voted for the same people who are taking the rights away. Since they (the virtue signaling) say they can't vote for the Rino, or whatever name they give the better candidate ruining. Then after someone like Kate in OR is elected by these same gun owners, ask them how they like the one they helped put into office. Watch them peel off the excuse yet again, that they were outnumbered. So they helped someone like Kate win, yet again.

The more liberal politicians try to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights, the more CA shooters will be willing to break their UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS to ensure we can still bear arms, and shoot them as we see fit. Many have huge stockpiles of both weapons and ammo, and getting ammo from out of state will still be a simple matter of picking some up and bringing it home. CA just doesn't have the funds to put armed agents (and they will need to be armed) to inspect every single vehicle entering CA from OR, NV, and AZ. Maybe they can put some illegal immigrants to work doing that-lol.

Geno
They will likely form a Cadre from the swarms of illegal aliens.

My Brother lives behind enemy lines, and has been stocking up his ammo stores the last few years, ramping it up recently before the prices start climbing! He also hinted at a known black market up and running to supply ammo from neighboring states!

It all depends how much this new "background check" tax will be- if it's only $1 per transaction, people will just take it in the a$$ if they're not regular shooters. I don't think the ammo prices themselves will increase- but the cost to the consumer will go up, and this is what CA politicians wanted, to punish and make shooters pay more. The CA DOJ has no intention of actually checking if you're a felon or not- this is a money grab, pure and simple. But if they buy ammo on a regular basis, they will get their ammo from out of state, or start reloading. Those who saw this coming already have reloaders, and are ordering supplies before CA politicians ban those from being purchased online as well.

It's this "death by 1000 papercuts" that will eventually lead to an outright ban on ARs and AKs. Just because politicians create a law, doesn't necessarily mean that law is constitutional or legal.

Geno

Last Edited:
Yep and again the gun owners in that state refused to step up in force. Millions of them, yet trying to get them to vote together? Like herding cats. No doubt a lot of them still don't even know this law is coming. When they find out? It will be someone else's fault.
BS. They did vote to stop this but the numbers are overwhelming. You imagine there is a way to counter this and there is not. Only the Supreme Court and changing the number of shooters will change this.

Every gun owner in CA knows thus was coming. They aren't under informed there are just not enough of them.

My Brother lives behind enemy lines, and has been stocking up his ammo stores the last few years, ramping it up recently before the prices start climbing! He also hinted at a known black market up and running to supply ammo from neighboring states!

Your brother might have a relative that is sympathetic to his cause

The more liberal politicians try to infringe on our 2nd amendment rights, the more CA shooters will be willing to break their UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS to ensure we can still bear arms, and shoot them as we see fit. Many have huge stockpiles of both weapons and ammo, and getting ammo from out of state will still be a simple matter of picking some up and bringing it home. CA just doesn't have the funds to put armed agents (and they will need to be armed) to inspect every single vehicle entering CA from OR, NV, and AZ. Maybe they can put some illegal immigrants to work doing that-lol.

Geno

They might start smuggling aguila across the border hidden in the dope shipments

I gave up seven years ago and moved to Oregon. I did it for my wife who had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's or we would have moved to Idaho. She wanted to be here. Now she has passed on and here I sit behind the damn razorwire again.

I was on Calguns for years, a member of the Calguns Foundation, SAF, NRA, GOA and I was on the steering committee of the area Tea Party, I had my carry permit & my FFL03.
I attended the first Tea Party in Sacramento and often showed up at the capital to defend 2A issues and CA is one huge 2A issue.

The IRS gave our little Tea Party group the Lois Lerner treatment for over a year and I don't know if they ever got their status.

I got tired of fighting uphill. My wife was going to lose her mind and die slowly, I left.

Kalifornia is lost.

I'm trying to decide if I want to uproot and move to Idaho or just lock & load and find some nice hides.

I just went to Wally world to get some dog food, dishwashing liquid, bullets, etc. There was a notice at the ammo counter that the background check fee will be $1, and they will be not selling ammo from 7/1- 7/8 to update their system (probably add a POS system linked to the DOJ that can check a CA ID of DL with a swipe). It will raise the cost of a 200 rd. box of 9mm by a whopping $.005/rd. A box of 200 rds. of 9mm ammo costs you $33.87 out the door in Oregon ($.169/rd) and $37.08 in CA ($.185/rd), so it's the sales tax that bites you in the a$$ the hardest. Add the $1 BGC fee and it's $.19/rd. But I can see Newscum and the other DemoNazis raising this fee to $5 in the near future.

Really, nothing in CA is cheap anyways- it has the highest cost of living, and is the most regulated and overtaxed state. So that extra $1 is just another pi$$ drop in the bucket of Sacramento reaching into our pockets to get our money. Felons and criminals will ask their buddies with no criminal records to go buy them ammo, so this NO great deterrent and still will not keep them from getting ammo.

Geno

Last Edited:
BS. They did vote to stop this but the numbers are overwhelming. You imagine there is a way to counter this and there is not. Only the Supreme Court and changing the number of shooters will change this.

Every gun owner in CA knows thus was coming. They aren't under informed there are just not enough of them.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better to say it's all lost. You can have your own opinion. If you do not like facts by all means just ignore them. It is a fact that millions of gun owners either refuse to do anything at all, like vote, or worse, they choose to vote for the people who are against them.

Re. smuggling ammo into CA. There is only so much law enforcement to go around. We are getting so many picky-A, in-detail laws the are basically unenforceable until one poor, stray, unlucky guy gets caught by accident. Then that particular, stupid little law is used to hammer him. But as I've said before, you don't want to be that one guy.

It is a fact that millions of gun owners either refuse to do anything at all, like vote, or worse, they choose to vote for the people who are against them.

I've been a member of the WAC for 32 years. In that time I've spoken to dozens if not hundreds of members. From my conversations there, I can't imagine that any vote the wrong way. They are a pretty passionate lot. So I don't know that what you say "is a fact" in my experience.

I've been a member of the WAC for 32 years. In that time I've spoken to dozens if not hundreds of members. From my conversations there, I can't imagine that any vote the wrong way. They are a pretty passionate lot. So I don't know that what you say "is a fact" in my experience.

If they bother to join a group like that I doubt they would be dumb enough to ignore this. Sadly it takes a lot more than hundreds to make a difference. In CA alone there are millions of gun owners. Yet try to get them to vote as a block. It's like herding cats. This small group alone I have seen a lot of people who virtue signal that they voted for the worst possible candidate. They were quite proud of it. If you talk to people at retail outlets that sell guns you will hear yet again, a whole bunch of them who are shocked at this new law in WA. Many still have no idea it happened yet. When they find out they will blame everyone but themselves.

I just did a quick inventory of my current ammo supply- I'M GOOD. LOL. But I'm not selling ONE DAMN BULLET to anyone after 7/1/19. My shooting buddies should have stocked up on ammo- tough $h!t if they didn't buy more.

Geno

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top