JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lady I know lives in Oregon 3-4 months out of the year and she owns a couple shotguns. Possible dumb question since my guess would be yes, but can she legally keep the SGs in her Oregon home for defense? She owns a couple pistols that were gifted via family and a firearms attorney worked it out where she can own and possess them in Oregon. But no one addressed the long guns. Thanks.

Lady I know lives in Oregon 3-4 months out of the year and she owns a couple shotguns. Possible dumb question since my guess would be yes, but can she legally keep the SGs in her Oregon home for defense? She owns a couple pistols that were gifted via family and a firearms attorney worked it out where she can own and possess them in Oregon. But no one addressed the long guns. Thanks.
As long as she complies with the new SB requiring securing the firearms. The new text should be in ORS 166.

For this purpose, no difference between handguns and long guns.

I'd be curious about
a firearms attorney worked it out where she can own and possess them in Oregon
Not that I doubt the lawyer; there is a possible issue Federally about change in possession if the guns in OR might be accessible while she is out of state. (Feds are concerned about possession, not ownership) I'd like to hear what the lawyer suggests, if that might be available.

There may also be Federal issues with the gifts, as Fedlaw requires handgun transfers to go through an FFL in the state of residence of the receiver - see this link to my Calguns thread.

Last Edited:
Joe Biden said she could. See how all these laws make us safer?

Seriously, if she has a legal residence in Oregon it shouldn't be an issue. If she leaves it with another party it might be a problem. But the problem would only be a result of something bad. Then it would be the least of her problems.

IF she is the legal owner of the Oregon residence. ..
The legal owner of the firearms....
The firearms are stored in a secured container in which she is the sole person to have access (no one else has a key / combination)....

I don't see where the problem arises.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads