JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In 2022, the new indoor water standard will be 55 gallons per person, per day. by 2030, it will fall to 50 gallons.

Why not just fix the distribution system and conserve the 30% that is lost due to leaks? It's easier (and cheaper) to blame the public for using too much. Government needs to get back to the business of providing essential services and forget about the social programs. Then they'd have the money to fix the infrastructure. Putting the brakes on population growth (immigration) would also ease the burden on the system.

That's the free market at work, isn't it? Would you rather have the government deciding who can grow what and where? We already have too much government interference with private property - it's called state land use planning. Two thumbs down on that.

It's called the "theory of the commons".

When there is something we all share, especially when it is indivisible, like the air or the water, there are common sense regulations about how we share it. E.G., not polluting the air or the water. If water is in short supply, then it isn't fair to all those who share it if a few use more than their fair share.

It's called the "theory of the commons".

When there is something we all share, especially when it is indivisible, like the air or the water, there are common sense regulations about how we share it. E.G., not polluting the air or the water. If water is in short supply, then it isn't fair to all those who share it if a few use more than their fair share.
Who decides what is a "fair share?" Sounds good in theory, but always falls flat on its face in practice. It's a favorite tactic of the left, esp. when it comes to taxes. "You're not paying your fair share." Over and over. Tell me what my fair share is, then shut up.

Anyway, we weren't talking about air and water. We were talking about land.

Last Edited:
I think a great public works project would be a drainage for flood waters (not to prevent floods but to drain them quickly) and pump it around the country to the areas that need it. As long as the beneficiaries paid for it, I would be all for it. Start small scale and ramp it up over the decades.

(small sarcasm tag for the sarcasm impaired. it would work but it's too expensive.)

elsie

According to what I have read over the last 50 years most of the USA has more then doubled in the population. However there is no more water storage then there was nearly 75 years ago. Sure there are some advances but the reality is we spend billions of gallons to water lawns something no one eats except grubs. You want to solve the problem limitation is not the solution usage is. Require homes to have artificial turf if they want it and water thrifty plants. Also stop your BS regulations of water storage on your own property from gutter run offs. How stupid can a state be but to not allow water collection in a place where there is a water shortage ???

Right - let government take away our lawns, too. Another freedom lost. If you can pay for it you should be able to use it the way you want to. "Oh, that's unfair to the poor!"

You do realize that water access is not a right don't you?
You CAN NOT go down to the river and fill up your 1000 gallon tank. Sorry to tell you Government already tells you how you can use your water that you have access to.
And you gotta be kidding me you think a lawn is a priority and you can use water how you want because you pay for it? Please tell me again how all the rich SOB's in HollowWood( yes misspelled on purpose). Can buy all the water they can afford and drain the supplies so average Joe working at the Mill now is stuck on 55 gallons to do Laundry, shower geees. But sure lets just waste the resources so people that need it to survive can die so you can have a nice lush lawn LOL.
I guess thats where I disagree with the conservative views is I am a constitutional rights advocate for all rights, yet also know the USA is way over populated for the resources we have and use. If we do not learn how to manage our resources they will be managed for us. But sure water away until they tell you only 55 gallons and then you can see where this started from.

You do realize that water access is not a right don't you?
You CAN NOT go down to the river and fill up your 1000 gallon tank. Sorry to tell you Government already tells you how you can use your water that you have access to.
And you gotta be kidding me you think a lawn is a priority and you can use water how you want because you pay for it? Please tell me again how all the rich SOB's in HollowWood( yes misspelled on purpose). Can buy all the water they can afford and drain the supplies so average Joe working at the Mill now is stuck on 55 gallons to do Laundry, shower geees. But sure lets just waste the resources so people that need it to survive can die so you can have a nice lush lawn LOL.
I guess thats where I disagree with the conservative views is I am a constitutional rights advocate for all rights, yet also know the USA is way over populated for the resources we have and use. If we do not learn how to manage our resources they will be managed for us. But sure water away until they tell you only 55 gallons and then you can see where this started from.
I don't know where to start, and frankly I'm not sure it's worth the time. The city sells me water, at a profit I might add. Like many places, Salem's water system is a cash cow, which they use to pay for many of the services provided to those who pay less in taxes. Did you ever think about that? And, just who is dying because I water my lawn? Funny how some people are so quick to dictate to others. Population growth is the real problem, and it's not due to natural increase. Who said they could give my country away? Nobody asked me.

etrain is right. When they were having all the big issues I was hearing the number 50% back to the ocean, 40% for farming and 10% for residential use. (I'm down there a lot for work.) So a resident saving 20% is like 2% in the big picture.

I lived though several droughts when I lived in California.
etrain is right. When they were having all the big issues I was hearing the number 50% back to the ocean, 40% for farming and 10% for residential use. (I'm down there a lot for work.) So a resident saving 20% is like 2% in the big picture.

There is a small fish called "Delta smelt" as well which is an endangered species.

Delta smelt - Wikipedia

Ca Water Police.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top