JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would someone's political opinions influence whether you bought/sold a firearm?

• Yes

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 72.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anyone have a quick survey document to hand to potential buyers before letting them purchase anything? One with a sliding scale that adjusts price based on ideological differences?

There are people I won't deal with because I haven't appreciated the interactions with them on line, and there are others I look at anything they post.

A rich Wank with too much money and an agenda.

I will not sell/buy if I get the vibe that there is a hidden agenda. i.e maybe the agent provacateur is selling a shotgun with a 17.9" barrel so he can drop a dime on me for the headlines. Maybe he is buying to show how easy it is to get an "Assault Weapon" without a 'proper' background check to further his political aims.
Either way, I don't wish to play his game and won't deal with anybody that "spooks" me. I have spiked deals before just cuz' it didn't feel right.

I don't consider someone trying to nad you as the fosus of this question.

No one wants to be be the focus of an entrapment sting.

My question mainly focuses (and this may address raindog's last post also) on perceived politics online.

You (global) see a firearm for sale (or have one for sale), and for whatever reason looks at the post history of the seller (or potential buyer). The posts suggest, that at least online (which can be a crude measure), the seller (or buyer) differs in opinion from you on any number of things that are politiclly charged. Maybe that's gay marraige, a tax levy to raise money for something, differs on pending gun control arguments from you, that kind of thing.

Say a gay man who is a firearm enthusiast is selling, and he has a potential buyer who is against gay marriage. Or the inverse scenario. Something like that.

No one wants to be entrapped into a felony. I have never heard of that even happening, myself.

Make more sense?

I don't sell my guns... But if I did... I wouldn't give a rip about their political leanings... Besides, if they are buying a gun then they must have something in common with me... Just a thought.

My general take as well. I am surprised to see that almost 25% of people so far will judge a person by their posts on whether they are ideologically/politically "different enough" to not engage in a trade with them.

I have reconsidered my earlier post and upon reflection of some early childhood trauma, I doubt that I would sell a weapon to anyone dressed up and in the character of either a circus clown or a mime. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

Sometimes after they leave I ask the gun (or greenbacks depending on if I'm the buyer or seller) what the political/social views of the previous owner was but I rarely get an answer.

I don't consider someone trying to nad you as the fosus of this question.

No one wants to be be the focus of an entrapment sting.

My question mainly focuses (and this may address raindog's last post also) on perceived politics online.

You (global) see a firearm for sale (or have one for sale), and for whatever reason looks at the post history of the seller (or potential buyer). The posts suggest, that at least online (which can be a crude measure), the seller (or buyer) differs in opinion from you on any number of things that are politiclly charged. Maybe that's gay marraige, a tax levy to raise money for something, differs on pending gun control arguments from you, that kind of thing.

Say a gay man who is a firearm enthusiast is selling, and he has a potential buyer who is against gay marriage. Or the inverse scenario. Something like that.

No one wants to be entrapped into a felony. I have never heard of that even happening, myself.

Make more sense?
Strictly resonding to the question of differential politics, I don't give a rat's arse. As long as one doesn't irritate me to just replying with a "Get the f* away from me, Awhole". I am not some store that must serve its customer base.

So I have had at least two occasions where I was offered an opportunity to violate the law. I was not enticed to do so for obvious reasons, its illegal! A couple of other deals failed due to a 'strawman' vibe or a refusal to show ID.

Besides, if I only sold to people that mirrored my views, I couldn't even sell a firearm to MY OWN CHILDREN.

Last Edited:
Funny.
I've spent a year submersed in liberal Hades, convincing half of the most radical lefties in Portland about the virtues of the second amendment, and have turned more than a few to our side...
That being said, I don't sell guns. Would I buy? Sure.

If I were however to be selling, there's some I would, and some I wouldn't.
I'd first ask myself, "What are the chances of them doing something stupid with it"...

The hardcore firearms prohibitionists aren't buying, but there ARE some foolish bleeding hearts who follow that crowd, who can be flipped, and I'm all for them being drawn into the sport & cause.
It's the same rationale as pink guns.
It draws a new group to our side.
That being said, there's a few "Republican congressmen with an "A" rating from the NRA" who I saw on the news wavering on their 2-a stances that I'd never supply, regardless of the money, because I see them as traitors. So I suppose the answer is both yes, and no.
Just depends on the circumstances.

When I answered the question, I took the 2nd A out of the equation. (yes, I know I will take heat for this but oh well)
If someone is going buy from me or I am going to sell, usually the idea of politics never really comes into play.
Generally.
However, if the person is an extreme leftist or an extreme rightist I will strongly consider my position.
Both sides of the extreme believe in the 2nd A. Both sides also have the same idea for fixing/calling attention to the issue or problem.
Typically it involves violence, in various forms, not just gun violence.
By my definition, extreme leftist would be someone who is an environmental wacko or even someone within the occupy crowd.
An extreme rightest to me would be someone in spouting Neo-nazis propaganda or a form of a racist group.
Both of these groups have shown that they have no disagreements with the 2nd A.
As much as they have the freedom to spout their hate/crap, I also have a responsibility to act in a way that I believe is correct.
Nor do I ever wish to be tied to either sort of group due to some idiot deciding that they were going to protect a tree/mouse/owl or lynching someone because of their color.
Of course these two types are groups are merely examples, there are more examples out there.
Also, based upon the question asked, this would mean that I know their politics before hand.
Not all democrats are liberal and not all republicans are conservative.

I wouldn't care to deal with a couple of people here, but they are on my ignore list and if you can read my post, that probably means you aren't one of them. Usually, if I'm buying something, I don't ask the sellers political flavor. I don"t sell guns.

I do have a prejudice against anti-unionists.

I do not care what your political opinions are one way or the other,
if you can't shut up about them long enough to sell me a pistol, or a box of ammo,
I'll take my money to someone who can.
This goes for the stickers on your booth at the gun show as well.
In other words, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY !:)

I would! If someone else was paying me more than that to buy it, and act like some kinda hero at Fred Meyers. Then I would run to buy a real Automatic Weapon :s0155: Call me a whore, but I would do it while sipping a lotte' at Freddies and giving an interview that we need to get these cheap ARs off the street. ;) Driving the price of my real one up for every rebroadcast of my segment. Just like all those, "gun owner agrees with a ban". You know they cashed in.

Seriously though, I do it all the time. Money is Money, and you'd be surprised how many don't have your own political view(s). :s0131:

That kind of makes me sick to think about... :(

On subject, Id sell the gun regardless of political affiliation. Its good to have different views, and I actually enjoy the conversation, even if we dont agree. ( so long as that person knows Ill speak my mind)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top