JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Would someone's political opinions influence whether you bought/sold a firearm?

• Yes

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 62 72.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reactions
Would you chose not to buy or sell, or sell for an inflated price, a firearm to someone who was politically different (opposite) from you?

There are some heated political debates in here at times, and I am curious whether it affects peoples buying/selling decisions/

It's my gun, I'll sell who whom I want. Skin color, nationality, race, hair color, eye color, clean/dirty hands or even political preferences... My choice. :)

Nuff said.

It's my gun, I'll sell who whom I want. Skin color, nationality, race, hair color, eye color, clean/dirty hands or even political preferences... My choice. :)

Nuff said.

Whether it's your choice is obvious, but the question is would you sell to or buy from someone that was politically 180* from you?

Lots of labels get thrown around in political threads.

Simplest example:

If you're a conservative, would you sell a firearm to someone you suspected to be a 2A hating nanny state lefty?

Alternatively, if you are a liberal, would you sell a firearm to someone you suspected of being some right wingnut that voted for Bush twice?

An anonymous poll is above. :)

Who would buy an AR-15 with 4 30 round mags for $5,000, only to give it up to a gun buyback program for a $75 Fred Meyer's gift card?

:s0112:

I would! If someone else was paying me more than that to buy it, and act like some kinda hero at Fred Meyers. Then I would run to buy a real Automatic Weapon :s0155: Call me a whore, but I would do it while sipping a lotte' at Freddies and giving an interview that we need to get these cheap ARs off the street. ;) Driving the price of my real one up for every rebroadcast of my segment. Just like all those, "gun owner agrees with a ban". You know they cashed in.

Seriously though, I do it all the time. Money is Money, and you'd be surprised how many don't have your own political view(s). :s0131:

Honestly, I'm kind of a whore. I make decisions based on profit potential. I like money. The only time I wouldn't sell something to someone is if they gave me a specific reason to believe that they would commit a crime with it.

Who would buy an AR-15 with 4 30 round mags for $5,000, only to give it up to a gun buyback program for a $75 Fred Meyer's gift card?

:s0112:
A rich Wank with too much money and an agenda.

I will not sell/buy if I get the vibe that there is a hidden agenda. i.e maybe the agent provacateur is selling a shotgun with a 17.9" barrel so he can drop a dime on me for the headlines. Maybe he is buying to show how easy it is to get an "Assault Weapon" without a 'proper' background check to further his political aims.
Either way, I don't wish to play his game and won't deal with anybody that "spooks" me. I have spiked deals before just cuz' it didn't feel right.

Well I believe, "it's a free country", political view that was established by our forefathers. BUT I get reminded by the president, politicians, news, and the STATE / IRS everyday :pound: that it costs and will cost me a lot of money to live "free". So sell sell sell! I say you're entitled to your opinion, but survival comes first...I need to eat. :p

I personally wouldn't hold it against them if they were Republican or Democrat.....but I gotta say I would pause at the thought of someone who was apparent or assumed anti-gun just in case they were trying to write a story/etc.

Exactly, one of them.

Things are not black and white all the time, are they?

Say there's 100 political issues. If I were to rank them in order of importance to me, the second amendment would be in my top three. So if we weighted by rank, someone who was 180 degrees from me politically me would have to be a pretty hardcore anti-gun person. That's what I was thinking.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top