JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I don't own a Glock, and have never actually liked them. However, with technology changing, and the quality becoming more reliable, I am going to purchase one.

My questions are: What Glock is the better concealed carry of the two. G-23 or G-27 (.40)?

Do we have private dealers on NWFA that could use my business with the purchase of one? $500.00 is the lowest I can find new. (Washington res.)

I need some serious input and prefer only those of you who own the Glock's with your experience w/them CC. Positive or negative.

I'll make my purchase next week, only if the comments make sense. If not, I'll stick with HK and Sig. They've never let me down.

Thanks
~Mike :s0131:

I haven't carried the G23 or the G27, but I own a G19 and have handled the G26 quite a bit. My preference is for the compact guns, such as the G19 and G23. They aren't that much larger, you can fit all your fingers on them without a finger extension, they're more comfortable to shoot, and they have a larger capacity. I absolutely love my G19, and I don't think you can go wrong with Glock. Also, thanks for giving our vendors your business ;)

I have a 19 and 26. The 26 is identical in size to the 27. The 26 is more concealable than the 19 because of the size differnece, but the 19 is very concealable.

The 26 is surprisingly accurate for a subcompact, it just takes some getting used to only having two fingers on the grip. With a pearce grip extension, my (small) hands fit just fine.

My glocks are the most reliable pistols I own and don't hesitate to make them my "go to" weapon...

A lot depends on how you intend to carry it. In summer with cargo shorts I often times stick my 27 in the front pocket, usually with my hand in there as I'm walking. Works great in a breast pocket in a field jacket on those really nasty days. If just pants and a untucked t-shirt, my 19 (Same size as 23) is so comfortable I don't even notice it. Plus with the larger grip 19 and 23 size it is much easier and faster for me to draw if needed from IWB. (Drawing the 27 from IWB looks more like I'm trying to unhitch a wedgie.....:s0131:)

I have a Model 19 and 30 can carry fairly easy. I have both IWB and OWB, no problem hiding them under the shirt.

I love my Glocks....ugly but can't be beat; dirt, mud, sand, water and they still shoot.

Can't go wrong.

Anybody have a Glock in 45 I could shoot? I don't know anybody with a Glock and I am curious what all the fuss is about. I have my own pistol range so we don't have to worry about that.

I carry a G-23 most of the time..in warmer weather.. I have to agree with everything my Buddy Dragonsden73 said.. The mid sized frames offer a better drawing grip..and are very easily concealed.. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3:00 O'clock..and usually forget it's even there.. I have a couple 19's as well..but never carry them..as I definitely prefer the punch of the .40...

I see a lot of anti-Glockism here and elsewhere..but..if you want something that goes "Bang"..every single time..you can't beat 'em...

I carry a G-23 most of the time..in warmer weather.. I have to agree with everything my Buddy Dragonsden73 said.. The mid sized frames offer a better drawing grip..and are very easily concealed.. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3:00 O'clock..and usually forget it's even there.. I have a couple 19's as well..but never carry them..as I definitely prefer the punch of the .40...

I see a lot of anti-Glockism here and elsewhere..but..if you want something that goes "Bang"..every single time..you can't beat 'em...

Okay convert me then! Lets go shoot that thing. :s0155:

I would say it depends, If you already have a full size handgun then get the G27, if this will be more only handgun, then get the G23. I like the fuller grip on the G23 too, just get a IWB holster and it should be a great combo.

I own and CC a G27. Its my primary at this point. However I amk looking at getting a G23 since the weather will start cooling down. I love my G27, but I agree with everyone else that the extra 1/2" of barrel isnt that bog of a deal. Also, once you throw on a peirce extension on the 27, you may as well have a 23.
I keep going to Wild Bills to buy a PM40.... but I just cant get over how much I like my G27. That why Im selling my Ruger P94... gotta get some money for my next fix.... (G23) Good luck. You cant go wrong with either choice IMO.

Thank you ten-folds on the comments. I was out this evening playing some late night golf with some good friends I use to work with, most of the talk was old times and guns. I will most likely go with the G-23, however, I do have some concern about ballistics in the .40. .45 is my preferance, except 8-rounds doesn't usually give the upper hand. I need the #'s in rounds, and I need some penetration, I still might purchase the 19???

Anyways, the conceal ideas are a major help, I can make my decisions off of these comments.

I still would like a private dealer on this, send me a PM with a price. I live in WA and I have a broker who will sell me one for about 500. If your a dealer, and you can do the same, or a little more, I'd buy privately.

Thanks
~Mike

I belong to one..10 min. from my house.. Always happy to take someone..

I will remember this if and when I'm in your area. Would like to shoot one chambered in 45 but I think I can get a feel for the gun in 40. I have only fired one 40 though in my life and I found it to be a very flippy gun, are they all flippy or was it just my friend XDM 40 fullsize. Don't tell him this but I did not enjoy shooting his gun much. In contrast though a Subcompact XD 9mm is a real sweet shooter, I was very surprised by that one.

Great Choices on the Glocks. I agree with all the posts about the G23 being easier to hold. I carry a G32 (357sig) IWB, it is easy to conceal, easy to get to and I enjoy firing it. My wife carries G23 OWB and no problems concealing this either. I also carry (my primary carry) a G30 OWB, it has a crimson trace and grip extension but no problem concealing with a shirt tail. G30 is easy to shoot with the grip extension as is our friends G27 with grip extension.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top