Simply Triggers
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Oregon Rifleworks
Defensive Arts

Captian

Reactions
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won’t respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What’s to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?

RVTECH

Reactions
some of the pm's i got were like lawyers in wolves pelts. i am sorry for that.
You have nothing to be sorry for!

If you are a being a little 'good 'ol boy' with some of the particulars of the items you are then the interested party COULD be a little more understanding and 'respectfully' inquire a bit more as to the specifics.

But no, some have to come off like they are sitting on a gilded throne and think they have all the power because 'they' are the buyer. Kind of a part of the 'want it now and I don't care what I have to do to get it' mentality.

I recently had a person inquire about the WInchester I have for sale and started criticizing it's condition purley from the pics in ad. Needless to say that ended it quickly.

Upvote 0
Reactions
What about when the other party flakes so you leave feedback and they leave retaliatory feedback?
The fact people are allowed to retaliate to neg reviews just disincentives honesty. Didn't shy me away from using it but I also took a hit to my feedback in return just now too for basically being honest so.. ?

Upvote 0
Reactions
Yeah arfcom is where I spend most my time buying and selling. Riverofguns occasionally brings me here. Have over 120 transactions on arfcom, only had to take a guy to the neg forum once and we resolved the issue. Here and tacswap, where people can leave feedback indiscriminately, there's almost no point in leaving negative feedback unless you want to receive some back. It doesn't bother me because I hope people I deal with are able to see through the BS but doesn't change the fact that it happens and is encouraged to happen with a suuuper lax set of rules.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0

Mikej

Reactions
What about when the other party flakes so you leave feedback and they leave retaliatory feedback?
The fact people are allowed to retaliate to neg reviews just disincentives honesty. Didn't shy me away from using it but I also took a hit to my feedback in return just now too for basically being honest so.. ?

Well that was a fun read! :D I'm not sure what to tell you, but having the correspondence and timeline out there wouldn't stop me from dealing with you. It's just time to move on. Just sayin'

I'd add that the negative feedback given should state the problem with the other person, not just insulting them. That will give future buyers/sellers a better idea of the possible issues to watch out for.

Upvote 0
Project Appleseed
Cerberus Training Group
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
NW Custom Firearms
Sporting Systems
Copeland Custom Gunworks
Southwest Firearms Forum

Upcoming Events

22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond , OR