JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?

I recently set up a transaction with a guy to trade some ammo, established a date twice and crickets when it came time to meet. I lost interest after that, and just sent simple one worded responses to a third meet up I had no expectations to happen, which he flaked on again. :s0114:
He always hit me up a couple hours after the supposed meet up and was traveling far, but still flakey (luckily he worked in the area).
I try to be more true to my word, and honestly have a bit of fear not keeping to that.

Upvote 0
Can negative review be posted to there review page?
Consider your intent carefully,
Long time ago, I had a deal all set up and ready to go after several PM interactions. then I heard nothing after requesting instructions of where to meet. I then saw the ad was closed I contacted the seller again and was told he sold it to the first person who had contacted him??? acording to the timeline of the ad responses, I thought it was me. Why did he set everything up to sell to me if it was pending for another? I left him a neutral review giving him the benefit of the doubt but then got one in return calling me a sorehead. Seeing that neutral review on my feedback still irks me today since I still believe i had the upper hand and he was a loser lacking integrity. Hindsight, a scathing negative would have been apropos. My moral take was to wimp out when a couple future deals went ungracfully t-ts up. I just let it be so the other guy didn't crap on my parade when I have no day in court to cleanse myself.
I do leave positive ones all the time. Luckily, on this forum, rare are the losers lacking integrity so far 99.9% have been positive, most of them even enjoyable.

Upvote 0
This is how I've been doing it since I joined, just never blown off before. He is a new member. Sent pm to verify 2 times.

For me, your mileage may vary, I would have sent my second email repeating the confirmation of details and putting them on notice that they've got 24 to get back to me.

no reply = final note letting them know they are no longer in the running and I move on.
It's a transaction, not a relationship breakup. :)

Upvote 0
Good news everyone buyer came back on line. He got the covin shot had a bad reaction to it, he was down for days. Glad I hung in there. Not going kick a guy when he's down. I'll just wait it out

Upvote 0
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?
I have had people do that, part and parcel to the situation. If you are still in possesion of the item then no harm done right?

Upvote 0
So tired of being ghosted by people. Had a meet set for today. Guy confirmed a couple days ago, then ghosted me today when I tried to confirm again a few hours before the meet. What was odd is that we had already done a deal that went well. Ive had a couple others ghost me on message threads they started, looking to sell or trade me something. Yes I can see when you were here last, so why not just a simple update or changed my mind....nope. Common respect seems to be unexercised far too much these days.

Upvote 0
I to feel the same way , I have had a few flake on me recently , before I have never had any issues at all
I think in my opinion is with the fall of arms list we are now seeing lots of one hit wonders now gouging and flaking

I completely agree. There are definitely some AL overflow floaters hitting the floor

Upvote 0
Far to many sellers are way too eager to sell and are easy 'prey' for nothing more than 'tire kickers' who have NO intent on buying but just get off on going through the motions with the seller only to go 'dark.

Whenever I am selling anything of value I always perform sort of an 'evaluation' of the person before I proceed and if some things don't pass the 'sniff test' its over. A couple things that stop deals for me:

Buyer NOT wanting to talk but only text or email.

Buyer using only single letters as words in text or email.

ANY bizarre responses, strange requests or inconsistencies in communication such as not saying where one lives when asked (city/town) or answering any other 'light questions'. Another is AFTER some basic discussion and then a lapse in communication the potential buyer responding about something different than what I am selling.

There are some other things as well but these are the basics.

Upvote 0

This is the sort of reason that I play this song often....

Upvote 0
idk id give him the benifit of the doubt, be honest. leave him the unheard of "nuetral feedback" and throw everyone for a loop :p

i was selling some shoes a couple months ago. somewhat nice shoe, were posted for a LOOONG time. i was desperate for cash so agreed to drive 15-20 mins to meet in the middle. was in total contact even exchanged when we were meeting. i show up at the meeting spot and waited for about 20 mins and was ghosted. not a word from then on. A hole was specifically trying to waste my time and succeded. i pretty much have a zero tolerance policy on meeting people now. they come to me or not at all period.

the moral of the story NEVER sell shoes!! (what the hell was i expecting from "shoe shoppers"?) :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
On another note, I've been known to ship things first to certain members and they to me on occasion also a few times to new members.
Did I hold my breath awaiting payment from the newbies, yes but I always received it.
Good feedback has its privileges I think. ;)

Upvote 0
i posted my first ad on here, as a seller, about 3 weeks ago. dad passed on a year ago this last Christmas. i have been re-loading since i was 10 years old under his watchful eye. the amount of reloading stuff he left me was and is "a lot". so at this time in my life i thought, let go of the stuff you'll never use, actually would rather trade than sell.. i tried my first add with 357 brass. the wife shoots 38's, so will not use them. when the form came to the price ? seems it would not accept till i hit the 10 dollar amount. so i posted that. the pm's started coming in. how many do you have? i'll buy, all sorts of ?'s. i'm not knocking this forum but if you are going to sell something on here, don't try to be a good ole boy here. a half a gallon of brass ain't gonna cut it. yes, i probably did not fill out the form properly. am i a proper form filler outer, no. some of the pm's i got were like lawyers in wolves pelts. i am sorry for that.

Upvote 0
lawyers in wolves pelts
oh thats great!!!! im going to use that. hope you dont mind.

yeah that sounds a little odd. usually when people post a price or multiple items with multiple prices they just put "123" or "1234" in the price and most people know what that means right off the bat.
keep at it. theres good people here to work with. plenty of them. but there are blood hounds too. you can always block people if you need to.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top