JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?

some of the pm's i got were like lawyers in wolves pelts. i am sorry for that.
You have nothing to be sorry for!

If you are a being a little 'good 'ol boy' with some of the particulars of the items you are then the interested party COULD be a little more understanding and 'respectfully' inquire a bit more as to the specifics.

But no, some have to come off like they are sitting on a gilded throne and think they have all the power because 'they' are the buyer. Kind of a part of the 'want it now and I don't care what I have to do to get it' mentality.

I recently had a person inquire about the WInchester I have for sale and started criticizing it's condition purley from the pics in ad. Needless to say that ended it quickly.

Upvote 0
What about when the other party flakes so you leave feedback and they leave retaliatory feedback?
The fact people are allowed to retaliate to neg reviews just disincentives honesty. Didn't shy me away from using it but I also took a hit to my feedback in return just now too for basically being honest so.. ?

Upvote 0
Yeah arfcom is where I spend most my time buying and selling. Riverofguns occasionally brings me here. Have over 120 transactions on arfcom, only had to take a guy to the neg forum once and we resolved the issue. Here and tacswap, where people can leave feedback indiscriminately, there's almost no point in leaving negative feedback unless you want to receive some back. It doesn't bother me because I hope people I deal with are able to see through the BS but doesn't change the fact that it happens and is encouraged to happen with a suuuper lax set of rules.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
What about when the other party flakes so you leave feedback and they leave retaliatory feedback?
The fact people are allowed to retaliate to neg reviews just disincentives honesty. Didn't shy me away from using it but I also took a hit to my feedback in return just now too for basically being honest so.. ?

Well that was a fun read! :D I'm not sure what to tell you, but having the correspondence and timeline out there wouldn't stop me from dealing with you. It's just time to move on. Just sayin'

I'd add that the negative feedback given should state the problem with the other person, not just insulting them. That will give future buyers/sellers a better idea of the possible issues to watch out for.

Upvote 0
Had this happened to me twice in one week. 1 seller and 1 buyer, both flaked and both new members. I thought about leaving a negative feedback but since they were new I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Instead, they both went on my ignore list and that list is steadily growing.

Upvote 0
I had a seller do this to me a few years ago. Made the deal, then he ghosted me. For a month. I texted and pm'd him multiple times with no response. Just figured he had made a deal with someone else for more $$. So I left a negative feedback. That got his attention. Suddenly the guy comes out of hiding and leaves a negative fb on me! I explained the situation to Joe but nothing ever came of it. So in all the years as a member, that is the only stain on my record, 'cause I really am a good guy😇.
Everyone else I have dealt with on this forum has been outstanding

Upvote 0
Buyer agrees to buy , price set , address and info agreements made. Then you get follow up buyers wanting items, You pm back sale pending ok. So they get disappointed ok. Then buyer won't respond after repeated request for yes Check is in the mail, so seller knows the deal is moving forward , if buyer just blows off sellers. So Are these the kind of members we want on this site? How long do you let buyer jerk you around before you move on ?What's to be done with buyers lack of respect for the integrity of this forum?
Specify time frame and method of response - subject to cancellation for any, or no reason at all. Deadbeats have always been around, but this latest crop has elevated it to an art form. Clicking is free. Paying is not.

Upvote 0
Had this happened to me twice in one week. 1 seller and 1 buyer, both flaked and both new members. I thought about leaving a negative feedback but since they were new I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Instead, they both went on my ignore list and that list is steadily growing.
A neutral feedback would be in order if it were me. Simple. Something like: "Buyer agreed to call to arrange time that night. Got no call and no response to several texts/calls. Be aware when dealing with this (new) member."
The non communicating buyer/seller has an opportunity to respond with an explanation. No reason to burn them with a scathing feedback. Take the high road. UNLESS...You ended up driving some distance after what you though was good communication and they never showed, and then ghosted you.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top