JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Apparently I have a few $K in 380 alone - what does JHP go for I wonder?
OneMillion.png

Got a reference for that info?
How about this:

How about this:

Thank you.

So I went out and bought a few boxes of 45-70 fuel just now. I'm a bit confused as to the reasoning, if any, behind this latest panic buy deal. I fully expected anything 12ga, 9mm, 40, 45, 357, 223/5.56, etc to be tight ... but 45-70? How is that in any way an HD choice except in a dire pinch? Did someone turn a bunch of rogue elephants loose in western OR and no one has informed me?

Maybe production is diverted to the previously mentioned HD choices and 45-70 is just drying up due to attrition?

The LGS has acres of 450 Bushmaster, but so do I so that didn't help much. I believe I'll use the 300 Win Mag on any marauding elephants, in any case.

1598028851120.png

Primers are hard to come by and small pistol are the rarest. In the past I'd get my order shipped in a couple days. My last order I had to wait 5 weeks for it to ship and when I tried to reorder they said that they stopped taking orders for the next couple week to clear up some of the back log. As far as ammo buyers, when I'd tell people that I was having trouble getting small pistol primers but had plenty large pistol we'd go down the list of ammo I make with the large primers and they'd order some of what other they'd have guns for. Kinda like "well I haven't shot the 44 Mag in a while so I'll get some for it." I don't think there is a lot of hoarding per say or profiteering people just need ammo in these trying times. I also hear a lot of "best get to the range and dust off those old skills". So they are buying some to shoot, and some for comfort is a good way to put it.

No ammo to price gouge around here. Stopped at the LGS yesterday and have never seen so much 10mm on the shelf. Cheapest was $18 for a box of 50 Blazer aluminum. Brass cased stuff was $25. Crazy times when 10mm locally is cheaper than 9mm online.

I picked up another can of 4895 for rifle loads and am fine for pistol powders and primers. Nice knowing that if I suddenly lost my job, that I could pay bills for a couple of months solely by selling components and ammo.

Primers are hard to come by and small pistol are the rarest. In the past I'd get my order shipped in a couple days. My last order I had to wait 5 weeks for it to ship and when I tried to reorder they said that they stopped taking orders for the next couple week to clear up some of the back log. As far as ammo buyers, when I'd tell people that I was having trouble getting small pistol primers but had plenty large pistol we'd go down the list of ammo I make with the large primers and they'd order some of what other they'd have guns for. Kinda like "well I haven't shot the 44 Mag in a while so I'll get some for it." I don't think there is a lot of hoarding per say or profiteering people just need ammo in these trying times. I also hear a lot of "best get to the range and dust off those old skills". So they are buying some to shoot, and some for comfort is a good way to put it.

I know a handful of people who have bots programmed on their computers and phones to immediately buy things like the $20/100 Herters 9mm from Cabelas or primers from sportsmans. Those folks clean out all the inventory in minutes, and resell it online for 2x-10x the price. Not really being excellent towards other shooters, but if that's the game they want to/need to play, then that's their choice.

Take the cost per round in change and throw it down range! If you are comfortable with doing that, then buy the ammo when it costs that much per round. Do it for every round you shoot. If the cost per round is 20 cents, five rounds of that is a lot better than a dollar per round. The "magic" is in your wallet, but the 'desire' is in your brain!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top