JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What da ya need with a cannon for???:s0001:

;)

I don't , At least I don't think so...:D
But...
Up until the Mexican American War...many Militia Artillery units had cannons that were privately owned...
I find it strange that at one time , here in America , a fella could own a cannon , yet today , many folks wonder why someone wants to own a Semi Auto Rifle...
Or in this case , make them destroy or turn in a firearm accessory.
Andy

I don't , At least I don't think so...:D
But...
Up until the Mexican American War...many Militia Artillery units had cannons that were privately owned...
I find it strange that at one time , here in America , a fella could own a cannon , yet today , many folks wonder why someone wants to own a Semi Auto Rifle...
Or in this case , make them destroy or turn in a firearm accessory.
Andy

Of course I knew what you were saying and agree, I was just playing at being the Fudd.

What Part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" don't people and courts Understand ? The 2A is the ONLY amendment with that clause and yet it has been regulated by rulings to virtual Non-existence. Shame on any gun owner who says complacent things like have been said , like the NRA, because next will be Binary triggers, then match triggers, then Magazines, then semi-auto weapons of any type.
How do you eat an Elephant ? One bite at the time ! That is what the Govt has been doing since the NFA act of 1934 , the 1968 GCA, The 1986 Hughes Act (Firearm Owners Protection Act My pettootie) to our Gun rights. ATF has banned Barrels in parts kits, , etc. and the bump stock was a Legal way we beat the Machine gun Ban of 1986 so us poor people could shoot fast if we WANTED to. Re-Defining a Bumpstock/ Slidefire to a Machine gun all because ONE CRIMINAL used it while 1/2 million bumpstocks did nothing wrong is Outrageous in my book. Plus , the kill ratio to the number of rounds fired using one is a lot lower than a sniper with a scoped rifle can do making the sniper rifle a Deadlier weapon so those could be next on the hit list.
ATF is overstepping Congress with foolish rulings like this because of Democrats pressuring them and False information being fed to Our President is gonna cost us ALL. BS called Filet Mignon and served is still BS !
I have been fighting Gun Control since I was old enough to vote and it still is being shoved down our throats.
Pardon me while I oil up My BMF Activators and the Roto-fire unit on My belt fed Browning while I can still play with them....

I think that bump stocks are worthless range toys and that they are "workaround" a ATF rule / guideline.
With that said...

I also dislike the idea of banning a firearm and or accessory , or in this case , classifying a firearm accessory as something it is not.
This ruling is just another , in a long line of infringements.
When the law of the land does everything it can to make exercising a Right a painstaking , tedious process , robbed of all of its meaning , the Right becomes worthless.
Andy
I'm with you Andy. The ATF originally was right in that they should not have regulated as it is not a machine gun by the legal definition

Creating a precedent that they can redefine laws to meet current "needs" is backwards. I really don't like bump stalks but it shouldvhave been Congress if anyone to mod the GCA not just keep squeezing till they made something fit.

What da ya need with a cannon for???:s0001:
;)

I see you being funny... and raise you a mob defense weapon for SHTF.
tenor.gif

Thank goodness they placed alternatives in the writing. So those that have to turn in or destroy theirs understand how they can still get similar affects.

Alternative 3- Opportunity alternatives. Based on public comments, individuals wishing to replicate the effects of bump-stock-type devices could also use rubber bands, belt loops, or otherwise train their trigger finger to fire more rapidly. To the extent that individuals are capable of doing so, this would be their alternative to using bump-stock-type devices.

Alternative 3- Opportunity alternatives. Based on public comments, individuals wishing to replicate the effects of bump-stock-type devices could also use rubber bands, belt loops, or otherwise train their trigger finger to fire more rapidly. To the extent that individuals are capable of doing so, this would be their alternative to using bump-stock-type devices.

So that seems like a straight forward go-ahead to use rubber bands or metal belt loops in any possible way to simulate automatic fire. So just attach a rubber band to a specially designed trigger group that resets the trigger automatically. Belt loop to shoulder harness that allows for stabilizing the rifle for pulling it forward.

Thanks ATF!

Read the ruling by the District Court of Illinois in United States Vs. Rock Island Armory ( The case was dismissed against RIA) .
http://constitution.org/2ll/court/fed/us_v_rock_island.htm

The enactment of 18 U.S.C. § 922(o) in 1986 removed the constitutional legitimacy of registration as an aid to tax collection. This is because the government interprets and enforces § 922(o) to disallow registration, and refuses to collect the tax. Farmer v. Higgins, 907 F.2d 1041, 1042-44 (11th Cir.1990), cert. denied, 498 U.S. 1047, 111 S.Ct. 753, 112 L.Ed.2d 773 (1991). Thus, § 922(o) undercut the constitutional basis of registration which had been the rule since Sonzinsky.

Finally, the prosecution quotes an enactment passed in 1968 that the provisions of Title I of the Gun Control Act shall not modify or affect the National Firearms Act.[15] However, the 1968 Congress cannot bind the Congress of 1986, which decided to ban transfer and possession of machineguns. P.L. 99-308, 100 Stat. 453 (May 19, 1986).[16] Further, a Congressional declaration in 1968 does not solve a constitutional problem which arose in 1986. The ban enacted in 1986, and the government's refusal to accept registrations and tax payments, simply left the registration requirements with no constitutional basis. It is the duty of the judiciary to declare such laws unconstitutional. Marbury v. Madison, 1 Cranch. 137, 176-77, 2 L.Ed. 60 (1803).

In sum, since enactment of 18 U.S.C. § 922(o), the Secretary has refused to accept any tax payments to make or transfer a machinegun made after May 19, 1986, to approve any such making or transfer, or to register any such machinegun. As applied to machineguns made and possessed after May 19, 1986, the registration and other requirements of the National Firearms Act, Chapter 53 of the Internal Revenue Code, no longer serve any revenue purpose, and are impliedly repealed or are unconstitutional. Accordingly, Counts 1(a) and (b), 2, and 3 of the superseding indictment are
DISMISSED.!!!

Now This was a Federal Court Ruling and it has been poo pooed by ATF. We need to get The Supreme Court Involved now that we have a New justice on the Bench that is a non political Constitutionalist !

like seriously if a very small percentage get turned in...then what? lol they know theres millions of them out there... what they gonna do? start passin out felonies door to door? um no sorry, you cannot search my property. not without a warrant.

all in all i dont agree with it.

thats just like if they ban ARs...what are they gonna do? ban tin cans and brass too? not impossible to cast your own lower receiver....

all my lowers except 1 were purchased waaaay before sb941 so for all i know i sold those a long time ago way before 941 and no, i didnt do a bill of sale... no law saying i had to have any paperwork at the time... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top