Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Building Dilemma

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by pnwmudder, Jan 27, 2014.

1. pnwmudder

pnwmudder Sandy, Or. New Member

This might be kinda stupid for asking but...Is it possible to build a gas piston AR cheaper, then buying one? I can for example, purchase a STAG #8T for under $1300.00. Great platform too start with, from their I can do a trigger, charge, grip etc... upgrade. Just wondering, thanks! :confused:

2. Reno911

Reno911 Hillsboro Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

What's the cost on a AA kit these days? 250-350? With a PSA Ptac upper and an AA kit your at 500 for the piston upper.

3. KillerBD

KillerBD Oak Harbor, WA Member

I was actually thinking the same thing, was trying to find some piston-AR uppers for a decent price. Only things I checked were some from AIM surplus going for like 1,300 then right next to it is a decent DI upper going for $500. Can't help but seem like the whole 'piston AR' crowd is being played for fools, at least from what I've read/seen marketed and people keep buying. I don't understand why they charge so much extra for a system that is quite the standard on many firearms...

It's like paying $4,000 for a pair of jeans that Elvis Presley wore, but they are still just a $40 pair of jeans...

pnwmudder and (deleted member) like this.