JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi everybody,
We are in the process of purchasing 25 acres outside of Hubbard and I am going to set up a little area to shoot. Has anyone built a back stop before? I have been doing some research, but am always looking for more info.
I believe I will be able to shoot out to 100 yards and will be mostly shooting pistol calibers, 223, and 7.62x39.
If you have pictures, please post them.

Bulldozer... have a guy come in and bulldoze out your firing lane(s), and have him push all the dirt up at the end for the backstop. Single easiest, and probably most cost effective, way to go about it.

These guys are in Hubbard... ask 'em what their hourly rate would be, and how many hours they think it'd take. I don't know them... just googled it.

<broken link removed>

I've helped people build them with a couple layer thick "wall" or railroad ties with dirt pushed up behind it. That way the dirt won't slide down, you can staple your targets right to the ties, and it is completely vertical. You can even make sort of a "U" shape out of them so it has some side protection and you have a wider area. One we built had a cover over it so the rain didn't wash out the area in front of the ties or get your targets soaked if you shot in the rain.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top