JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All depends on the definition in this scenario but there are 3 guns i would grab first,
1: 10/22 - had it for the last 15 years 1000's of rounds and has never given me any problems. Ammo cheep, small and I have a ton of it.

2: 12 g 870

3: You might think i am crazy but probably most important is my pellet gun. Benjamin Variable pump, no gas to mess with and can carry 1000's of rounds in the same space as one box of 9mm. Will do a fair amount of hunting to keep you and your family alive if needed. Obviously not a defense gun but it is a survival gun. If you ever run out of ammo, can be made much easier than anything else and the best part is the propellent is more abundant out of any other gun in the world.

Air Rifles are a killer idea for taking small game. I carry a Benjamin pistol, that is older than me, on every camping trip. Quiet, effective, reliable for small game kills at close range and even my youngest can handle it with ease. Archery employee made a good point for bows. Quiet, powerful, effective and with some practice you can make on from scratch! However this is a bug out firearms thread.

I was in Fargo ND during the floods and made my first Bug out kit. During the "disaster" period, I met with the FBI and BATFE because we carry a lot of firearms and would be a very early looting target during disaster evacuation. It made me rethink what I considered. Firearms alone are a tool, thinking through those situations before they occur helps you prepare. Its good to develop a strategy with neighbors and friends, firearms considered. Get with people you trust and develop a basic plan for Bugging out. Strength in numbers of armed people. Still sit by my choices, anything left will passed on to people whom I trust and can justify their use. That was a good point, btw.

Well just to have a little fun with this, how much does your bugout gun and ammo weigh? Here is how much ammo weighs rounds to the pound

9 mm 42.68

45 acp 21.4

556 -- 38.46

762 --- 18.6

jj

Well 300rnds of 223or 556 is 7.8 lbs while 300 rnds of 762 is 16lbs lol geez what am I getting at?

jj

I think one of you math wizards could calculate just how far a person will make it on the weight they carry and the callories they burn to move the weight. So if you are going to bug out you need to know where you are going to end up or there abouts. Be sure to add the weight of the individual and realize that flat ground is rare so put it at about a 2% grade in the math.

:s0114: I guess that in a big bugout on foot that you will run into the worst danger at the first 6% grade you come to. However you will be able to hear all the fatboys huffing and puffing as they try to bring guns to bear:s0112::s0112: Oh come on guys that was funny, I don't care what you say that was funny.

jj

Unless you got a tribe to fall back to, you won't be around long. Food, clothing, shelter and a source of energy are needed in order to survive. Unless you have a tribe, you won't be keeping those for long. If you have a tribe, then check with the tribe on common ammunition/firearms. Going solo ? Where are you headed and how are you traveling ? If you have no plan, then what is all the firearm concern about ? Go quietly into that good night.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews