JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Me and some of the guys at the store were debating about the best "bug out" guns. Here is the Scenario; Its time to bug out now! You have to abandon your home, What guns are coming with you, and why?

I picked: M92, super common, fairly reliable and ammo and parts are common. Moss 590A1, lots of firepower, lots of ammo options, easy to load/shoot/clean, and reliable. Rem 700 ADL in .308 with iron sights; medium range, no frills=less to break, ammo is cheap and easy to find. Maybe a Rug 10/22, tons of parts, most plentiful ammo in North America.

So what are your ideal "bug out" bag guns?

I finally settled on my bug set, based off my financial situation and the fact the country is going to heck soon!

Kel tec pf9
Hi point 9mm carbine
S&w 642 ( new York reload )

Obviously my focus is 9mm ammo and the snub is a just in case weapon, but both the pf9 and hi point carbine are extremely reliable weapons that cost very little, leaving me plenty of cash for ammo and other bug out goodies

1 gun, 10/22. Cheep, lightweight, easy to shoot, easy to maintain, quieter then larger guns, easy and cheep to have lots of ammo for it, will easily harvest small to medium size game, can be used for large game and self defense.
2 gun, pistol. Easy to conceal.
3 gun, centerfire rifle. Easier to take larger game.

Ar, for obvious reasons. Old stevens sawed off 12ga side by side with pistol grip, easy carry and really light. I have a few pistols but probably my sw 642 in .38 and my sig pro or 226 for awesome reliability. I also have an old bolt action .22 id probably take.

Matt

Well it depends on the shtf and which direction I have to go and how I am going to get there along with how much time I have to pack. 400 miles on foot means alot different than 400 miles in my truck. 300 yards to the nearest shelter is different than 300 miles. The weapon you have is your mind, the tools you use are your guns.

Now, how is that for a bummer LOL

jj

Arsenal SLR 107FR
Mini Draco
AI AWSM .338 Lapua
Glock 19

Obviously i'm focusing on reliability and power. You can always acquire any other firearms by using these. :D

I plan on grabbing my PS90 first and at least 4 full mags. That makes 200 rounds. Can beat the PS90 for a defensive weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it depends on the shtf and which direction I have to go and how I am going to get there along with how much time I have to pack. 400 miles on foot means alot different than 400 miles in my truck. 300 yards to the nearest shelter is different than 300 miles. The weapon you have is your mind, the tools you use are your guns.

Now, how is that for a bummer LOL

jj

OH NO i forgot to pack my mind lol, its probably better and safer with it left at the house ;).

Matt

Depends on why I am bugging out. A train wreck with leaking chlorine gas, and it is the gun I have on me at the time, most likely my Springfield XD .40, or one of my .45's plus EDC reloads. Same for my wife, as far as her EDC and reloads. In our designated bug-out-bags (back packs) we have 3 days worth of clothing and personal hygiene stuff. In my back pack I keep an old break top .22 LR 8 shot revolver and 100 Rd's of ammo, for a third gun no matter what.

If I'm bugging out for some sort of disaster, or societal breakdown, I will grab from my safes all of those handguns suitable for self defense (.38+P, .357, .40 & .45), plus my AR, Mini-14 , a .22 rifle (probably my 10/22) and Mossberg 500. In addition to the above mentioned bug-out-bag, I have a bug-out-ammo box with various calibers of ammo for the above firearms. In a larger bug-out-box with wheels on it, I have survival equipment, communication gear and supplies for a longer event. I also have a conveniently located supply of food and water that will go with us, enough to last a week. If it lasts longer than a week, I will improvise, adapt and overcome, whatever form that may take.

All of these (except guns) are in close proximity to my back door and two automobiles. A 4x4 for just us, and a mini-van if we need to stop and pick up our kids and grandkids. Each car also has survival gear in them, in the event my wife and I are not together when the Ship Hits The Sand. We have run drills in bugging out and both, or either car can be outbound in under 5 minutes. Our cars are NEVER less than 1/2 full of gasoline. For good measure I have 5 gallons of stabilized gasoline available for a quick top-off if needed.

Finally, if need be, we are prepared to "bug-in." Although not fortified, or a bunker, our home is equipped and supplied for hunkering down if that is our decision.

Although fully retired, I am fortunate to still maintain police credentials for those pesky situations where "they" insist "no guns allowed." No guarantee of course, but it might give us an edge.

OH NO i forgot to pack my mind lol, its probably better and safer with it left at the house ;).

Matt

Well matt, you made me think that I should commit to a strategy so I have decided to use the golf bag approach ie the right club to make the hole in one (pun intended) However I will need a caddy so meet me at the clubhouse at the first sign of a SHTF.:s0112::s0112: Better be in good shape just to carry my driver that I will use for the long shots.:s0114::s0114:

jj

If we all have to bug out bring it all, what you can`t carry give to friends and family that don`t have much..strength in numbers..stick together, kill-eat-kill-defend-kill-survive..or report to your nearest U.S./ U.N. processing center for further instructions..:s0112::s0112:

What about pistols?
What about cheap AKs?

Those two top my list because the ammo is everywhere and it's cheap, also lighter than rifle ammo. Bugging out is going to do less with defending yourself against a fusillade and more with surviving to harvest food. That's why all my BoBs/GHBs/and EDC have a home-made sling in them. My GHBs each have 500 rounds of .22, even if the pack doesn't contain a weapon in that calibre.

im bringing them all! and ammo too.
the other members of the party can help carry them and if it's too much weight down the road we will destroy the ones we dont need.(dont want anyone else picking them up on the way and shooting you with your own guns)if my family is not with me im not going anywhere so they will be there.
better to have too much in my opinion and drop stuff along the waythan not bring enough and wish you had.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top