JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The number of Glock threads on this forum is too damn high.

Gaston's 17th invention proved you could make a durable gun cheaply out of plastic in 1980 but has rapidly become an outdated design supported by an amazing marketing machine. Like those bubblegumty Dyson vacuum cleaners.

What other gun designs are ho-hum but everyone thinks is the best thing since we discovered you can put chocolate sauce on ice cream?

I'll start, the S&W Shield. Yeah, it's tiny and it's a 9mm but that trigger is so so bad it almost feels like it's malfunctioning out of the box.

I believe Glocks are evolving in a positive direction. Granted Glock has been stubborn to adopt and modernize the platform and has hyped marketing, but overall I believe Glock is a damn fine hammer. (I just object to the lack of grip or thumb safety).

I don't mess around with trendy stuff typically so the S&W M&P and Glocks are not my thing: I shoot Walthers and 1911s very well. I'm still waiting for my 1911 to fail me.. I like the XD platform, I think it's underrated due to what I believe to be fugly-ness. I have a XD Tactical .45 and I love it, the long predictavle trigger pull puts bullets right where I want them every time.

I can only criticize Kel-Tec as I have had some horrible experiences with their small pistols. Other than that most are fine firearms, even the Hi-Points which are the ugliest of all the ducklings yet they seem to run when properly lubricated, at least until they explode..

I have Glocks mainly to fill niches. A 17 for the Warden because she wanted absolutely no external safeties and the trigger dealio was okay with her. She thinks it could be more accurate. She also wanted a G-42 as it was small like her and operated the same as the 17. I first bought a G-29 as it was 10MM and I wanted a 'woods gun' and thought I would like it. I do like it can shoot it accurately and it does not beat me up. I don't like the short block grip, so I got a 20, bigger is better. Finally I wanted a 'carry' gun in 357 Sig so I got a G-33. It is the one I like best.
I have Plastic Walther's, Rugers, Taurus, Glock's and Springfield's …. My vote goes to Springfield.

How the 19x should have come from the factory:

IMG_3275.jpg

Since I am not a lefty and the finger grooves fit my hands fine, the Gen 4 was the top for me. The 5 added nothing that benefited me. I loved the grip texture of the 4 compared to the 3.

Seems like a lot of shooters try and avoid Glock because they want to be different, "unique". For others the aesthetics are not pleasant for some reason and they can't get passed that aspect on the 'tool' that for them will be a showpiece as much as it will be something to shoot.

Glock...
A perfectly good waste of plastic....I mean just how many shopping bags and bendy straws could be made from their frames...? :eek::p:D

Just kidding....for you folks that like 'em...shoot 'em and enjoy 'em...they sure do work well.
Andy

Fine. Since no one else was willing to go there. I LOVE my Dyson. I had something like 8 vacuums over the years before. None of them worked even close to as well.

I've got a Eureka vacuum I bought from Sears 8 years ago for $60. It has filters that are easily cleaned and cheaply replaced, although I have cleaned the same one many times and not needed to replace them. Produces tornado like suction. My girlfriend told me that she wants a Dyson vacuum cleaner and I laughed thinking of the notion at spending several hundred dollars on a item that women protest as a chore in using in the first place.

It's not about the vacuum, but rather the price tag of the vacuum and the draw of "lookey lookey I have disposable income!" If they're real common, well priced and cheap to fix if they ever need it at all, that's where my money lands. Glocks are great vacuums

Glock will go down in history as one of the pistol Hall-of-Famers of the 20th Century.
The haters will not be able to stop that.
It's just fact.

I never thought much about them, but I wasn't a hater.
2 months ago I built a G17 and a G19 from scratch. (easier than an AR, BTW)
The Glock is an amazing design.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top