JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are the democrats starting to blink at Bruens chilling affect on new firearm legislation? Here's a small trickle of hope that the anti-gunners in some areas might be starting to hedge themselves before proposing/supporting new firearm restrictions.

In New Mexico, several bills have been introduced, but it appears some of the conservative democrats are starting to question and might not have full support in a deeply blue state.

""What I hope we don't do is lead the public into believing we're doing something, knowing full well that what we're doing is unlikely to really have an effect," Joseph Cervantes, the state Senate Judiciary Committee chairman, said at the hearing last month. "I think that's a disservice to people.""

'The legislature is likely to pass some gun reform before the session ends, but lawmakers say an assault weapons ban would be unlikely to hold up in court, and they're uncertain about a proposal to raise the age to buy some types of firearms from age 18 to 21."

Coming from a leftist rag like Huffington Post.. it's a little telling that they are deeply concerned their boat might be starting to develop some leaks.

Are the democrats starting to blink at Bruens chilling affect on new firearm legislation? Here's a small trickle of hope that the anti-gunners in some areas might be starting to hedge themselves before proposing/supporting new firearm restrictions.
I read the article as more of a pejorative dig on the conservative supreme court than an admission of Democrats backing down from pushing gun control. Bruen was a huge blow to gun control but it doesn't change their agenda it just changes their strategy.

"The majority opinion, authored by Justice Clarence Thomas, directed the federal courts to stop considering state governments' safety concerns when weighing the constitutionality of gun restrictions."

lol no it didnt, typical HuffPo.

In New Mexico, several bills have been introduced, but it appears some of the conservative democrats are starting to question and might not have full support in a deeply blue state.

""What I hope we don't do is lead the public into believing we're doing something, knowing full well that what we're doing is unlikely to really have an effect," Joseph Cervantes, the state Senate Judiciary Committee chairman, said at the hearing last month. "I think that's a disservice to people.""

'The legislature is likely to pass some gun reform before the session ends, but lawmakers say an assault weapons ban would be unlikely to hold up in court, and they're uncertain about a proposal to raise the age to buy some types of firearms from age 18 to 21."

Coming from a leftist rag like Huffington Post.. it's a little telling that they are deeply concerned their boat might be starting to develop some leaks.

Huffpost is the worst

I'm so far not feeling that chilling affect in Washington.
I agree. I just thought it was interesting a lefty rag would publicize that some of their ilk might be starting to have doubts and backing off their support. Rags like that... reading between the lines... they always makes it clear what the left is the most afraid of. In this case, one of their own actually considering fairness and accountability to their constutuants when pushing these illegal laws.

That's a bit of a break from the agenda and could turn cancerous to their cause. Let's hope.....

Each local and state official takes a vow to uphold and defend the Constitution. Yet, when it comes to making laws, they are doing the opposite fully knowing the laws that they pass are unconstitutional and won't pass scrutiny of the courts. Why?

TYRANTS.

The 2nd Amendment according to some Politicians.
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable and makes common sense to me."

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads