JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To: BEALL Stephanie A
Subject: Browns Camp Gravel Pit

This was brought to our attention is there any truth to this?

"But the bad news came in the form of a ranger who told us all that the pit is going to be closed, permanently, and soon. They already bought the chain-link fencing, and plan to put it up any time now. He said that they simply don't have the money any more to pay for trash removal. The last time they incurred $7500 in dump fees!"

Hi Mike,

I just checked in with our Assistant District Forester and he assured me that there is no plan to fence off the Beaver Dam Rock Pit. Is there any more information than what’s listed below (where this happened, the name or description of the ranger)?

Thanks for the heads up!

Stephanie A. Beall

Recreation Coordinator

Tillamook State Forest

801 Gales Creek Road

Forest Grove, OR 97116

<broken link removed>

I just emailed her too. Thanks muddman. I will be looking to organize another clean up there very soon. All are welcome to come help.:s0155:

Well I recived the same response as Muddman from Stephanie Beal with Tillamook State Forest regarding the quarry and they have no plans to close it for shooting. All is well for now but another organized clean up couldn't hurt so I am thinking Saturday March 6th weather permiting. As before, I will need to let her know in advanced so that she has time to make arrangements to have signs posted at the pit indicating it will be closed to shooting while we are cleaning and will reopen as soon as we are done. I will check with her regarding the date and time then post back in the events section as soon as I get her confimation. Thanks to all who are offering to help out :s0155:.

I was planning to take my brother up there on the 6th... I'll keep checking this thread to see if you guys are going to close it that day.

I'd like to help clean up too... I have an old F250 with an 8 foot bed that can haul a bunch of garbage...

To: BEALL Stephanie A
Subject: Browns Camp Gravel Pit

This was brought to our attention is there any truth to this?

"But the bad news came in the form of a ranger who told us all that the pit is going to be closed, permanently, and soon. They already bought the chain-link fencing, and plan to put it up any time now. He said that they simply don't have the money any more to pay for trash removal. The last time they incurred $7500 in dump fees!"

Hi Mike,

I just checked in with our Assistant District Forester and he assured me that there is no plan to fence off the Beaver Dam Rock Pit. Is there any more information than what’s listed below (where this happened, the name or description of the ranger)?

Thanks for the heads up!

Stephanie A. Beall

Recreation Coordinator

Tillamook State Forest

801 Gales Creek Road

Forest Grove, OR 97116

<broken link removed>

Huh.
Well, thanks for following it up - sure is good news that the pit's staying open.
I didn't make it up! The young guy in uniform drove up in a Ranger's truck and told me the story - I wonder where he pulled it outta. Next time I'll ask for his name.

Each time I speak to a ranger about the pit, they say they don't want it closed as they know people will move to other parts of the forest to shoot... and they like having it concentrated in one spot. We it to close, they'd have a dozen shooting spots within 3 miles of that one and that would make cleaning / monitoring a nightmare (and way more expensive)

Glad to hear you will not be losing your spot but it can happen. We lost a great spot just West of LaPine a few years ago due to garbage and a total disregard by those using it. It was a nice place on the Deschutes river, good backstops at 300 yards plus. The FS plowed the access roads to it, dropped trees across the remains of the roads and unless you knew where they WERE you would not recognize the former access to it.

On April 20 (2010 lol) i went shooting at brown's camp. It was a bit wet but i had fun. Some time later two guys and a girl came and shot (normal calm nice people). By the time i was ready to leave two more guys and a girl showed up. The first set of people we shot each other's 9mm pistols.... me and my friend shot their .44 also lol. When i was done shooting one of the guys from the second set of people came up to me and asked me about my saiga ak74 and i think he wants one now lol
So as of april 20th brown's cam is looking good & chill.....have yet to have any probles there.....keep ur fingers crossed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top