JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This has actually been parts of other threads so I thought I would start one. Dont have GPS coordinates because I dont have one yet. The paved BLM road towards the end of Camp Morrison. A lot of BLM land and shooting areas. Unfortunately a lot of trash also. Picked this stuff up today on the way back from getting the trail cam. Still a half truck load of carpet in one area. Truck wasnt big enough and wasnt strong enough to pick it all up without taking the time to cut it up. Passed one group of shooters on the way up. Believe it was a maroon Honda suv. Looked like they left most of their targets. Cleaned it up on the way back also.
The worst part was I realize we forgot to shoot a few rounds ourselves.

Forgot the photos 20180204_142347.jpg 20180204_142342.jpg 20180204_125435.jpg

In about 10 years I would love to if I could get some gas money and health benefits for it. Plus the wife loves going also. Makes it nice when your wife has fun in the woods also and enjoys hunting and fishing. She is a keeper.

It is actually Thomas Creek area off of Hwy 226 between Scio and Lyons. Kind of the backside of Snow Peak.

Yes, that's the area.
I used to have a few customers up there... One being Thomas Creek Logging. Also Lulay Logging.. and others I can't remember. I used to service logging equipment.

I usually shoot at the quarry up the canyon out of Gates. Thomas Creek would be closer.

How do you get there? I'd like to check it out.
Take Hwy 226 like your heading towards Lyons/Mill City. You will see the Jordan covered bridge on your right, cross over it and keep going on that road. The road will sort of Y, stay left. Don't know the mileage but the road will start to narrow. You will pass the last house on the left. There is normally a 90's red short bed Ford parked there and then just a little bit further you will see a paved road on the right that goes over a small concrete bridge. It just keeps going up. Some private land but mainly BLM. It goes for miles.

20180419_090919.jpg :rolleyes: 20180419_085953.jpg 20180419_091444-1.jpg No shooting trash this time but finally made it back up to get the last load of carpet. No trees across the road or snow. Took my dad so it was a really good time. He hadnt been up in the area for about 20 years. All started coming back to him once we got up there. A lot of litter and junk here and there for another trip once the snow is gone up higher. Also found a sign on the road that was expressing some frustration with target shooters. But it was a beautiful day up there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top