JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I've been one of the many clowns you've run into at Clowns camp. The place is great for plinking, but, yes, every one in a while I have observed the same things noted here. I try to go there either very early or late, when I can have the place for myself and my party. I packed up and left on one occacion I deemed the fellow shooters unsafe / dangerous.

I just wished I knew of better / safer places, like you guys. But no one is talking... So I joined tcgc. :(

I guess I've been one of the many clowns you've run into at Clowns camp. The place is great for plinking, but, yes, every one in a while I have observed the same things noted here. I try to go there either very early or late, when I can have the place for myself and my party. I packed up and left on one occacion I deemed the fellow shooters unsafe / dangerous.

I just wished I knew of better / safer places, like you guys. But no one is talking... So I joined tcgc. :(

I seriously doubt that you were one of the clowns drinking and smoking pot while shooting over the top of people that I've seen on a few occasions.

I only had one issue up there; with some skinheads. We very politly ask that (me and 2 friends against 6 of them) they be a little more careful. they responded to us with a "FU N*gge* Lover".... At that point a drew out my AR15 and responded, Yes, i LOVE my BLACK Rifle.. Once brian Flashed his badge (hes an LEO) they STFU'd and became a bunch of pussies... It was comical really. this was back in 02 or 03 abouts....

Some people I know invited me to go up there yesterday but my gut feeling said I shouldn't, cause I know for sure one of the guys in the party is a retard about weapon safety, good to know that other people think this way.
Btw never been there before either and by the looks of things never will either.

Some people I know invited me to go up there yesterday but my gut feeling said I shouldn't, cause I know for sure one of the guys in the party is a retard about weapon safety, good to know that other people think this way.
Btw never been there before either and by the looks of things never will either.

Spideyman

You aint missin anything.. all BC is now is a bunch of rednecks trying to ride 2 stroke dirt bikes (and doing poorly might I ad) and mixin booze with firearms.. :confused:

It's open but looks like crap... User there forget to take their maids to clean up aftwards:(

If the user (WE) don't keep it clean we will lose our privilages there:s0131:

I only had one issue up there; with some skinheads. We very politly ask that (me and 2 friends against 6 of them) they be a little more careful. they responded to us with a "FU N*gge* Lover".... At that point a drew out my AR15 and responded, Yes, i LOVE my BLACK Rifle.. Once brian Flashed his badge (hes an LEO) they STFU'd and became a bunch of pussies... It was comical really. this was back in 02 or 03 abouts....

Gotta love skinheads. FREE MOVING TARGETS!!!!! Plus when the cop's find one dead in a dumpster thay never really do a good investigation. DAMN i love America. LMFAO :s0114: :D :s0155:

A friend of mine once gave me some simple rules to follow for when you go to a shooting spot;

1) Try not to go alone
2) Only pull out the weapons you'll be using immediately
3) Never empty all of your mags, keep one topped up...just in case
4) When you go to check your targets keep your handgun ON you and LOADED...just in case
5) If you see unsafe behaviour; ask them to stop.
6) If they don't stop: leave ASAP

A friend of mine once gave me some simple rules to follow for when you go to a shooting spot;

1) Try not to go alone
2) Only pull out the weapons you'll be using immediately
3) Never empty all of your mags, keep one topped up...just in case
4) When you go to check your targets keep your handgun ON you and LOADED...just in case
5) If you see unsafe behaviour; ask them to stop.
6) If they don't stop: leave ASAP

Im copying and pasting that onto a notepad document...those are great tips.

Ya, I don't do Clown's Camp anymore. When I did I always wore my Level IV body armor. There's no nice way to tell the moron's there that they're idiots. I knew that if I even tried it would end badly for many people since my armor is multi-hit and they're wearing street clothes.

Your body armor really only protects a certain area. Coincidentally, the area it protects is the same area an enemy would be AIMING at. Not a dipbubblegum with no muzzle control off to your left or right, that you're not paying attention to.

It's open but looks like crap... User there forget to take their maids to clean up aftwards:(

If the user (WE) don't keep it clean we will lose our privilages there:s0131:

We've been trying to keep it open by working with the forestry service and cleaning up. Spent a couple hours last Saturday in the rain with a couple of other members cleaning garbage out of the pit.

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14471

Yes, I've seen irresponsible people with firearms there and other places but nothing that I would want to get into a gunfight over. I would leave the area if things were to get too harry. The last few times I've been at Browns Camp, I've seen more presence from law enforcement, who usually sit back and watch the shooters for a while. If I do go there to plink, I try and go when there will be less people, clean up when I'm done, and always practice firearms safety.

Your body armor really only protects a certain area. Coincidentally, the area it protects is the same area an enemy would be AIMING at. Not a dipbubblegum with no muzzle control off to your left or right, that you're not paying attention to.

So you've seen my Level IV body armor then? That's news to me. The only thing that it will do is allow me is to fire follow up shots at my target(s) if I'm engaged.

So you've seen my Level IV body armor then? That's news to me.

What?
Your armor covers your front and your back. MAYBE covers your sides a slight amount.

That's your choice with plates. There's no other options. I would assume you don't even have the side plates (Not that they're worth anything anyway.)

The only thing that it will do is allow me is to fire follow up shots at my target(s) if I'm engaged.

You won't be "Engaged". We're talking stupid asses with no muzzle control, here. If you get shot, it's going to be an accident. I'm also unsure how plates are going to allow you to shoot back. Unless you have plates on your thighs, arm pits, shoulders, bicepts, arms, and the rest, it's not going to stop an accident. Plates cover a specific part of the body, that gets presented while engaged in an actual firefight.

Put your armor on, stand in front of a mirror, and turn to the side. How much protection do you now have? From the side, your chest is vulnerable. Even WITH a front plate.

Edited to Add: I think you and I are looking at the situation two different ways. I'm thinking of a dumbass with a Shotgun or crappy rifle waving the gun around and discharging it in your direction. Because at that time you wouldn't be facing that person, and he is more than likely off to one of your sides, I can't see armor helping at all.

Hello All!
Tomorrow is Christmas and I hope everyone is gonna get fun, new toys. Do any of you know that you're getting a new toy? I am going up to Browns Camp on 26DEC09 in the late morning. Was wondering if I would see anyone out there... It's Saturday... It's the day after Christmas... and the weather is reported to be decent. Hope to see someone(s) out there!

Anyone ever have a bad experience shooting over at brown's camp? who is in charge of that place anyways? someone told me once we don't have park rangers in Oregon and that OSP deals with that place........ anyways i'm going early next week so I was just wondering.........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top