JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone ever have a bad experience shooting over at brown's camp?

Heh. You're kidding right? Do a search and you'll find some horror stories. I've been there about 15 times so far, and 90% of the visits have been great.

...then again...there was the time I went out to set up my targets and some nimrod was aiming his friend's rifle downrange to 'check the sights'. Yes, it was cocked and locked.

and the time some Einstien though that because we were behind the gravel pile he could shoot into that same pile and not hit us.

Those were the worst. Being swept by loaded weapons, homies shooting trash, other stories abound.

I do see a bad 'accident' in the near future at this location... some show off or some renob, who doesnt care about anyone else will be screwing off, and there will be an ND and someone is gonna get hurt or die. I like shooting in the Tillamook forest, but not at the quarry. Please if you go up there, be careful!

Ok guys, thanks for the heads up........ yeah I been there a few times in the past but I have always been lucky and it was dead up at the quarry........ I mean it was quiet lol and it was just me and friends...... but if there are people out there shooting then I'm sure i'll be watching them closely because I don't wanna get shot...I don't have insurance lol

Tell ya what, if you don't have plans for next Sat., lets get together then. If not for some shooting, then at least some lunch somewhere. As for today, we have to take our dog in for some shots and re-licensing, then pick up our daughter from her buddies house. maybe after that I will be able to get some reloading done....

Tell ya what, if you don't have plans for next Sat., lets get together then. If not for some shooting, then at least some lunch somewhere. As for today, we have to take our dog in for some shots and re-licensing, then pick up our daughter from her buddies house. maybe after that I will be able to get some reloading done....

Cant Saturday... I will have my daughter on my own. We'll figure something out

I was at Browns Camp last weekend and we were constantly watched by old guys in their SUVs. We had the sheriffs respond to us once, and multiple times we had the old guy on the ATV drive by counting our vehicles. I don't know what gives but we usually leave the hole cleaner than we found it and try our damndest to not make a mess.

I was at Browns Camp last weekend and we were constantly watched by old guys in their SUVs. We had the sheriffs respond to us once, and multiple times we had the old guy on the ATV drive by counting our vehicles. I don't know what gives but we usually leave the hole cleaner than we found it and try our damndest to not make a mess.

Say what? Were you popping off tannerite or shooting at bottles?

Well there goes my ideaR of shooting at a full propane tank with a lit road flare lol Oh well there will be other spots lol ........ I got these steal core 7.62x39 so I wanted to blow something up with them hahahahah. I went to brown's camp a while back, just been too lazy to post any pics or videos (i will soon) but I did have fun, it was when the snow came down and caught us by surprise before the new year lol......... anywho..... i had fun, people were safe..... a few AK and SKS rifles........ a few 1911s and glocks.... it was on a tue. and we saw no cops or the white pickup with the red quad (no camo dudes)....... i haven't had any issues..... when i've been there for night shooting, it was a bit weird but over all i would and will go again to get rid of some stress. :s0155:

Well there goes my ideaR of shooting at a full propane tank with a lit road flare lol Oh well there will be other spots lol ........ I got these steal core 7.62x39 so I wanted to blow something up with them hahahahah. I went to brown's camp a while back, just been too lazy to post any pics or videos (i will soon) but I did have fun, it was when the snow came down and caught us by surprise before the new year lol......... anywho..... i had fun, people were safe..... a few AK and SKS rifles........ a few 1911s and glocks.... it was on a tue. and we saw no cops or the white pickup with the red quad (no camo dudes)....... i haven't had any issues..... when i've been there for night shooting, it was a bit weird but over all i would and will go again to get rid of some stress. :s0155:

I was there too...right when the snow started coming down. We were the 2nd group of people there, by the time we left there were like 4 groups.

how do you get to this infamouse place from Hillsboro? The thrill seeker in me wants to know. I am desperate for a place to shoot - responsibly.

You take the OR-6 turnoff towards tillamookoff of 26. Brown's camp is about 20 miles down the road on the left. Once you get there, you have to find the quarry, which is about a mile in. I may be going again soon, but probably on a weekday (too crowded on a weekend).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top