Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Brown's camp

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by Rammer80, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Rammer80

Rammer80 Beaverton Member

Is it open still? I mean its crappy weather so i doubt they are working in it.

2. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Last I checked!

3. Rammer80

Cool Im gonna head up there tomorrow with a friend, Her first time shooting. Anyone else gonna be there?

4. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

whatcha taking out?

5. Rammer80

only 2 guns i got my Savage 64f(.22LR) and my Mav88 12g

6. Oakley1wa

Oakley1wa Beaverton, Oregon, United States Member

If I had seen this yesterday I would have gone

7. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

so, how was it?

8. Rammer80

Good another member of NWFA was there. overcast sprinkled a little. able to still sight in the 22

9. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

wish could have been there...:bawling:

10. PMKN_PI

PMKN_PI Milwaukie, Oregon, United States Active Member

I was shooting a mile or two from the rock quarry yesterday. Sighted in the cheapo scope on my Marlin 795, plinked with my PT111, and fired my Mosin Nagant M91 for the first time. THAT was fun :)

11. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

That place is such a dump! I pick mushrooms in that area and always see all the shotgun hulls and ammo boxes laying everywhere. Occasionally Ill stop and pick up brass. Tri county is only $10 a month.

12. gunfighter

gunfighter Ptown New Member

So, I could be wrong but I heard there was no shooting alowed at the good old browns anymore, I am guessing you can now being you did? I am kinda stoked I guess cause that place is so convenient and gots some good open areas.

13. wakeadrian

wakeadrian Beaverton Member

They close it every now and then for periods of time so they can do work in it. But it's been open this summer. :) But it was closed all last year, (probably what you heard about)

14. gunfighter

gunfighter Ptown New Member

ya that makes sense, maybe ill head out there inbetween raindrops

15. Oakley1wa

Glad to hear you made it up there!

16. Oakley1wa

I'd be down to go most days with a little notice

17. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

I'm in.

18. injun51

injun51 ON THE FRINGE New Member

I hate to say it, and dont mean to step on any toes but browns camp is a bloodbath waiting to happen. I have been up there several times and have had some very interesting shooting sessions there. I love when there is a bunch of drunk guys shooting rocks about 5 feet in front of them and wondering what that whining sound is. Or braindead idiots handing an 8 year old kid a hangun like it was a toy and telling him to go shoot it with absolutly no supervision or guidance. The kid had a failure to eject and thats what saved the rest of us as he straffed us with the gun about a dozen times with his finger feverishly working the trigger. Almost got into a gunfight with the kids father and his buddy. Not a safe place at all, unless noone else is there. "BEWARE OF THIS PLACE" VERY VERY DANGEROUS!!!! A lot of criminal eliment there too.

19. sinco54

sinco54 Portland OR Member

Yes it is a dump, thats why I dont shoot there, but on another note, what shooting is to me is probably is to alot of others here. Shooting = Going out into the sticks, shootin cans, havng fun with family and friends, exploring, etc etc etc.. shooting at a range is great for sure, ( i use to be a memeber at tri) for the first few months then I was "over" the range thing... Id rather go out and have fun in the sticks any day of the week then go to the range with a bunch of arrogant dudes standing around comparing penis sizes... Not saying ranges dont have there place or that theyre bad, they do have theyre place and I do enjoy them but not enough to put up with the enviorment..

On another not I havent shot out a BC for years for the simple fact of the idiots out there. There's plenty of GREAT places out 26 up N fork, goat mt, really i could go on and on.

20. Buddhalux

Buddhalux Hillsboro, Oregon Active Member

Ya, I don't do Clown's Camp anymore. When I did I always wore my Level IV body armor. There's no nice way to tell the moron's there that they're idiots. I knew that if I even tried it would end badly for many people since my armor is multi-hit and they're wearing street clothes.