JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I spoke to soon. Its at best Deer rifle accuracy at best. I shouldn't of judged a book by it's cover,meaning it looked great . But no accuracy guarantee. I thinking I discovered the #2 problem on average accuracy even after new bedding job. The detachable magazine . When action screws are tight the magazine won't lock in ,just falls out,BUT WHEN THEIR LOSE IT STAYS IN . Anyhow the rifle is history I traded it in ( for a Loss) on a Bergara Premier RidgeBack and it is an entirely animal .

You do know the factory triggers are adjustable? I was able able to adjust mine down to just under 3#'s on my xbolt and it is a very clean break. Mine probably could use some bedding work but I have shot a couple 3 shot groups just over an inch at 300yds. Also shot a deer this fall a touch over 500yds so it is probably not worth messing with. I have never had any issues with the detachable mag and in my experience, Browning builds a pretty decent bolt gun. It is a bummer your experience was not better but I am sure a few slip through the cracks now and then. I also have had good luck with a Kimber rifle so maybe I am doubly blessed :cool:.

Last Edited:
Sorry to hear of the troubles. Definately something going on with that rifle. My X bolt HC Speed .300wm shot better groups than 5"@100yd with the junk Athlon scope loosing zero with every shot, and that's a lot light barrel I believe. Once I got a good scope on it it is easily 1.5 moa. I'm still developing the loads for it so it will improve. I did have to clean up my magazine a bit. Factory left plastic from the casting process was causing longer cartridges to hang up. Now it will feed. Let anything set to .010" off the lands except HELDX bullets but I found they'd don't group well anyway no matter where they seat.

I am adding a comment so I can follow this thread. I will be interested in the final outcome. We have an X-Bolt that shoots sub-moa....out of the box. With home loads. I love the trigger and the recoil pad. And we love tasty deer/elk meat.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top