JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Caricature" was maybe not quite what he meant, it does make one wonder. I am thinking maybe characterized would be a better word?

*shrug* :s0092:

If you get past that, he was basically saying that they have a lot of new customers buying guns/ammo/etc. that are not your typical gun owners.

We've heard it before. I just thought it was interesting that it came from Brownells.

"Caricature" was maybe not quite what he meant, it does make one wonder. I am thinking maybe characterized would be a better word?

*shrug* :s0092:
If you get past that, he was basically saying that they have a lot of new customers buying guns/ammo/etc. that are not your typical gun owners.

We've heard it before. I just thought it was interesting that it came from Brownells.
You're right, anything that we can do to attract new 2A proponents/Gun owners to our side is beneficial. I probably popped off there too strongly.

When I wrote my book, I was specifically non-woke but non-racist and made sure all firearms references, including the effects of gunshot wounds, were completely accurate.
Gun-guys (and gals) appreciate that kind of attention to detail.
I just finished (what l think is) Lee Childs latest entry to the Jack Reacher series (2018). He calls a suppressor a suppressor, even though he lets one of the characters call it a silencer (which most "normal" people do). At one point Reacher is showing her how to work the suppressed G19 and when he says, "... the safety... " l immediately thought the worst. But he finishes with, "... is this little tab on the trigger... "
Nice job, guys... I've still got Quartz on my shelf, just gotta get the library check-outs done first. Looking forward to starting it.

Amen and aWomen!:s0023:
If dude was sufficiently woke, he'd know that chicks don't like being called "woman" or "women" because then they still have "men" in them (yes, l just said that).
These particular broads prefer "wimmin" because... reasons.
So, if homeboy really wanted a podium-spot on the woke olympics stage, he should have said, "Amen and Awimmin".

For real, you can google it and everything.

Last Edited:
If dude was sufficiently woke, he'd know that chicks don't like being called "woman" or "women" because then they still have "men" in them (yes, l just said that.
These particular broads prefer "wimmin" because... reasons.
So, homeboy should have said, "Amen and Awimmin".

It's a thing, you can google it and everything.

My understanding is that the correct terms are things like "people with a uterus", "ovary havers", "birthing people", "individuals with a cervix", and more. Seriously.

So, from now on, they are demanding we call them, ..............what, Twat? I'm to understand we are now required to refer to the female of the species by their genetalia?

Is slang acceptable for that now as well, asking for a friend!

So, from now on, they are demanding we call them, ..............what, Twat? I'm to understand we are now required to refer to the female of the species by their genetalia?

No -- it works like this, not all women have a uterus, trans women for example don't have one. So you need to go behind the genitalia and identify people by their internal organs. It's the insanity of Critical Gender Theory. Because in their minds, sex and gender are social constructs. Of course they then run into reality where men and women have different medical needs and they have to do something to distinguish between them. But sadly, these people are entirely serious.

thesePeopleAreEntirelySerious.png

:s0093:

In the four years I've been a member of NWFA, I think this thread has been the most surreal, educational, entertaining, thought provoking, confusing and just downright bizarre thread I've followed.

Kudos to all of you who've contributed a post to it. You are more adventurous and braver than I.

I'll continue to munch my popcorn and enjoy the ride.

... Of course they then run into reality where men and women have different medical needs and they have to do something to distinguish between them. ...

Holy cow, last time I replied to a social/political topic I rambled like I'd just partook of the bourbon my son bought me for christmas. Because I had lol Like now!

I'll jsut say this: family in health care. And the wreckage wrought by trans stuff on their own bodies can make you weep or rage. Not even talking about the surgery - the drugs/hormones bubblegum with them so badly that it can be insane. Perhaps small selected sample here, but in the past two years they've seen have been wrecks. I mean, who woulda thought that pumping yourself full of the opposite sex's hormones would cause a weird reaction?!? lol I'm a bastard, I'm blessed to have caring folks in my life. I couldn't do what they do for people.

Why is OK to say, "black lives matter", and "black vote", but you still have to say, "African American" in everything else?

I wonder what white South Africans are called in other places?:confused:
I just say "black". I happily changed from "Negro" to "black" because black/Negro people didn't mind and seemed to be driving the change, and it was shorter. And whites usually call themselves white, so the two expressions seemed equivalent and equally respectful. I didn't change from " black" to "African American" because the latter is seven syllables. And we don't say "European American." Likewise I don't use "people of color" because it's five syllables. And there is no "people of white". And it seems misleading and odd to lump, say, Japanese and blacks together. Both might get discriminated against in America in some contexts, but likely not in the same contexts and/or in the same ways.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews