JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is OK to say, "black lives matter", and "black vote", but you still have to say, "African American" in everything else?

I wonder what white South Africans are called in other places?:confused:

So for them to know this , they must be keeping background info and not destroying it.

How else would they know if it is a first time buyer??

Why is OK to say, "black lives matter", and "black vote", but you still have to say, "African American" in everything else?
In a novel l read recently, one of the serial killer's victims was described as a young "African American female"

Since the story takes place in Australia l waa wondering WHY would she be anything-American? What do they call black folks in other countries? I know of a few things, but they're too rude to repeat here.

The writer is American (James Patterson) and the victim happened to be an exchange student. I'm convinced that Patterson wrote her that way just to avoid saying "black".

Somehow, in Patterson's world, spanning decades, going all the way back to the first Alex Cross novel, he still hasn't learned that Glock 19s aren't revolvers, and don't have safetys or hammers... lots of safety-snicking and hammer-cocking in his books, now with a dash of white guilt and a pinch of covert virtue signaling.

Shames, James.
Good reads, though.

I wonder what white South Africans are called in other places?:confused:

Most of my family, friends, and colleagues who are Black prefer just saying Black. All major style guides in USA go with black as well FWIW.

In my experience if you are unsure how to address someone, you're probably not the first person they've experienced that with, and if you simply ask, they will tell you and be glad that you did. Everyone's different. Just part of being excellent to each other.

So for them to know this , they must be keeping background info and not destroying it.

How else would they know if it is a first time buyer??

It sounds more like they are guessing based on zip code:

"Based on our sales, if we compare that to NSFF data, we're seeing a lot more guns going to urban areas," Repp noted.

"If you take the NSFF data and you pair it to what we have for sales data, I don't think it's unreasonable to hypothesize that a significant number of these people are from Democratic or other political ideologies," he added.

In a novel l read recently, one of the serial killer's victims was described as a young "African American female"

Since the story takes place in Australia l waa wondering WHY would she be anything-American? What do they call black folks in other countries? I know of a few things, but they're too rude to repeat here.

The writer is American (James Patterson) and the victim happened to be an exchange student. I'm convinced that Patterson wrote her that way just to avoid saying "black".

Somehow, in Patterson's world, spanning decades, going all the way back to the first Alex Cross novel, he still hasn't learned that Glock 19s aren't revolvers, and don't have safetys or hammers... lots of safety-snicking and hammer-cocking in his books, now with a dash of white guilt and a pinch of covert virtue signaling.

Shames, James.
Good reads, though.
When I wrote my book, I was specifically non-woke but non-racist and made sure all firearms references, including the effects of gunshot wounds, were completely accurate.

What they are called in some countries ain't repeatable here - been in some, heard some of it....

Yup. I've seen more overt discrimination overseas then I've ever seen anywhere in the USA. And they have no qualms about it either.

I love listening to the idiot Bernie Bros fawning over "progressive" foreign countries where things are (allegedly) so much better.. A lot of Americans don't realize just how good they have it here.

Last Edited:
All new guns are tracked via taxes down to the actual buyer. Used guns are transfers and those records can be destroyed after x amount of years
OK , but how does taxes track first time buyers?? NICS doesn't know unless they are keeping tract of the info.

NICS backgroud check info I beleive is to be discarded after a very short period. not years, Days.

Hows about,.........................................AMERICANS, and we leave the goddamn color out of it shall we! I'm so phucking tired of African this, African that, you're ether American or your not!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews