JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why is OK to say, "black lives matter", and "black vote", but you still have to say, "African American" in everything else?

I wonder what white South Africans are called in other places?:confused:
You can actually say what you want to say. In New Speak America and after the Reset you'll just get more hate.

Why is OK to say, "black lives matter", and "black vote", but you still have to say, "African American" in everything else?

do you? I grew up in a big, diverse city and never used African American. Still don't. Maybe ask a black person?

Africans.

S. African farmers show up in North Dakota to help with crop planting and harvesting. Went golfing with my uncle and the lady said, "you better buy all the beer you need because the Africans are here." Uncle smirked and I was like WTH? Looked around the golf course and couldn't find an African in sight until he told me they were white S. Africans. :-D

Sigh, I get so tired of this "Woke" nonsense and very disappointed to see this from Brownells. That statement was likely written by a marketing/business analyst/consultant MBA that has never touched a gun or actually been a part of the 2A community in their lives. Who the heck uses the word 'caricature' in everyday real life?
"The caricature of the new sig P365 is indeed a bit portly" blah blah.... And yes, I own and like the 365.

Sigh, I get so tired of this "Woke" nonsense and very disappointed to see this from Brownells. That statement was likely written by a marketing/business analyst/consultant MBA that has never touched a gun or actually been a part of the 2A community in their lives. Who the heck uses the word 'caricature' in everyday real life?
"The caricature of the new sig P365 is indeed a bit portly" blah blah.... And yes, I own and like the 365.

How exactly is it "woke" for Brownells to note that their consumer demographics are broadening? It's a business. Of course you're hearing from a PR/marketing person — it says so in the article. Do you know who writes the statements and coaches the speakers for any brand you've heard of?

Name your favorite gun company or org. They have a guy making six figures and leading a team of folks to drive brand recognition and sales. Just because that guy effectively uses "caricature" in a sentence without breaking a sweat doesn't mean they aren't pro-2A. But it might mean they can afford guided hunts and nice guns :)

No need to attack someone for having an adult vocabulary or for doing their job. Everyone at Brownells right now is happy for that coverage, and they know it is going to drive their already diversifying customer base. They are a solid company and their voice in a major media outlet helps 2A overcome the caricature that, until the Rona, had the majority of people in this country wanting more gun laws.

Sigh, I get so tired of this "Woke" nonsense and very disappointed to see this from Brownells.

Lit major.
Probable thought in his head "not our stereotypical customer." Then thinks ... hmmm, maybe I shouldn't use the word stereotype ... let's check the thesaurus.

Doesn't bother to think that a caricature is an exaggerated image.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews