JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow that is very nice. I love the grips. Have you shot it since you got it back? What was there comment on it breaking. How quick was the turn time? What holster is that? I thought you were a tucker guy! Can't tell on the blckberry.
Tlakidd

Just got it back today spent about am hour fitting the grips

I talked to Bob about the broken part, He was suprised it broke as well. Not really sure why it failed.

I guess it took about three weeks to get it back from repair

The holster is a milt sparks vm2 that I found on craigs list of all places
$85 shipped was hard to pass on

I don't doubt that it was just a bad piece of steel from manufacturing and nothing more. Glad you got it fixed quickly. I would have cried if my Fusion (wish I can afford one) broke on me.

Very nice 1911. I rank them right up there with some of the best, costing a lot more then they do. If you want to know more about Fusion, go to the 1911 Forum. :s0155: They get GREAT reviews.:)

That is not the first MIM thumb safety I've seen just snap in half. Kimber 1911's are full of MIM... I remember vividly standing in the old Discount Guns in Vancouver (remember Dan?)... anyway... as customer was handling a Kimber, pushed down on the thumb safety to release the hammer and S-N-A-P! Right off. From that moment on I vowed never to rely on a 1911 for defense purposes with anything but premium machined steel parts.

For a fun/games gun, MIM is fine. But if you take your defense guns most seriously, you'd be smart to spend some extra money and replace the MIM with machined tool steel. Your life's worth it, right?

1911 manufacturers didn't start using MIM parts in their guns because the parts were of better quality... they did so for one reason: MIM parts are cheaper to make! Period. Machined tool steel is clearly superior... and more costly to make. You won't find MIM in an Ed Brown and shouldn't in any top shelf semi-custom/custom 1911.

MIM can perform very well if it is a very well made MIM part AND there are no voids in it. Trouble is, there can be voids and you have no idea... until a little too much pressure is applied to the part where the void is and SNAP. And with MIM, who knows what the quality level is.

Best to pass on MIM for your "important" guns.

i had the exact same thing happen to me. I replaced my DW CBOB's single side safety with a Fusion ambi and it sheared in exactly the same place. Both parts were supplied,(as I think Fusions still is), by STI.
Bob Server replaced it, no questions asked, but I ended up switching it out for a Brown ambi.

OMG!!! That's exactly what I looked like in the mirror when I got my new Colt 1911 last year. You're right GRUNDEL, that IS creepy but I couldn't stop myself! LOL :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top