JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Fusion broke today at the range. Looks like a cheap min part to me.
Like the gun and all but seems like this should not happen to any high priced 1911.

I am going to have to send it back for Fusion to repair, I could probably fix it myself for the cost of shipping it back but I would likely void the warranty.

Fusion has a good reputation for there customer service, I guess I will soon find out it its true.

View attachment 209810
View attachment 209811

Slide stops, safety? Yep. Seen pics of both broken. Call and send it back. They are a great company with a great reputation and I know they will make you 100% happy.

Guess what, that is the ONLY MIM part they use..what awful luck..here is what Bob Serva, Fusion said a few months back when asked about MIM parts:

10th August 2009, 12:06

User ID: 20195
The only MIM part we use is the thumb safety. We also have cast if you prefer.
The reason for the thumb safety is it is well designed and we have had less failures with it than the cast.. But you can have either..
Thanks for the question....

That's one of the reasons you spend more to get machined vs cast parts...that should have never happened...at the range, during a 'game' no big deal...in a fight for your life...your dead....

My 1911s might be custom, and cost a little more, but you can depend on them...so much crap out there...be careful.

A friend of mine's Rockriver .308 selector switch just broke off...fell right off, same kind of deal.....

Metal Injection Molding (MIM)

Cheaper way of producing parts than forging and machining from billet. This and sintered metal are the two ways major gun companies are cutting costs in parts production. Sintered metal is essentially subjecting powdered metal to heat and pressure until it solidifies. Remington is fond of this process on their Remington 700's and their Express Model shotguns (as well as other models I'm sure).

The problem with using castings (like MIM or Sintered) is that you lose some of your ability to hone parts. This is especially problematic in pistols (like the 1911) and revolvers (like S&W) that are usually stoned and polished for trigger improvement. Stoning and polishing castings often exposes flaws from the casting process and can make the trigger pull worse...

HAHAHAHAHA... Wholey Crap. How hard does one have to press on the safety to snap it off???? Gorrilla hands????? I can see it now...

thinking to yourself, getting ready to make the shot ".. Firm grasp.. check... left over right (right handed of course) point gun.. check... safety... check... safety... check.... SAFETY.. OH CRAP........... " :s0112::s0114::s0155:

Oh man, that sucks Andy :(
We've been watching your threads from ordering to receiving, we were all hoping the next in your series of posts about this gun would be "boy I sure am tired of this gun, so I'll sell it to you guys cheap" ;)

sorry you've gotta send 'er back

Seriously...there is alot of junk out there....

Yes there is, fortunately Fusions are not in the junk category...they are very high quality. There is a lemon every so often in anything..even Rolls Royce on occasion. He happened to have a lemon MIM part, the ONLY MIM part on a Fusion......break.
For the money, I will gladly take a Fusion over any 1911 made by anyone.

Bob and Fusion is handling the issue, so I have no issues All I am out is a little time with out my favorite pistol. Honestly this is the first issue I have ever had with any gun so fate finally called my number.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top