JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Allegedly.

I'm not overly convinced by all these 'miracle' shots - they are all so very similar. Sure, the SF snipers are good, that's why they are SF in the first place, and snipers second, but I'd rather NOT hear just how effective they are, rather like the British Army's snipers back in Northern Ireland got almost no publicity of any kind, except the kind you get when you see a soldier carrying a 'long' around the local area. A few of the opposition, thinking that they were safe shooting across the border, found out the hard way that bullets don't need, or use, passports, but who knows whose fingers were on the triggers?

Shots that we know about, like M/Cpl Rob Furlong's shooting in support of US SF troops back in 2003, and CoH Craig Harrison and his 100% futzing of a Taliban MG team in 2009 are in the public domain. So are a good number of the US exploits from Fallujah, and great shooting it was, too - I'm not denying that in any way, or belittling it - any of it. But the Australian SAS snipers and THEIR tally in Afghanistan remain a mystery. Just that some talib bigwigs never tuned up for meetings and such...that's the way I like it.

There are many soldiers in the British Army with more than fifty hits, and a good few, still in their early twenties, with over a hundred, but who knows who they are? That's the way it should be, IMO.

tac

Yes, it was noted in passing in a couple of newspapers, but in general we don't publish stuff about our SF.

This is an excerpt from my diary, dated -- -- ----, written during a deployment to ------ back in the ------.

I hope that clears it up for you.

tac

I think we here in the U.S. hear about these exploits for Moral purposes and that the real figures are a lot different then that! I also agree with TAC, not publicizing any of it, demoralizes the enemy when they don't even have a bad guy to lay the blame on!
Another thing I find amusing about all this is the way these shots are reported, about the distance involved and the maximum lethal distance and such! A mile shot with a .50 bmg being a long shot? Come on, really? that BMG round is accurate and effective well beyond 2 miles! Me thinks the MSM down plays this quite a bit! Also, that BMG round dos't just punch a neat hole through you, it blows you into several pieces for your buddies to have to pick up!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top