JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
saw this from b&m, I vaguely recalled something about it from many years ago. I think dad and grandpa took it camping. still interesting that it is still around.

any thoughts?

<broken link removed>

I think ages ago I recommended it on this or some other site. I like it a lot, that's why it's bad for prepping!
I always ate it all:D
My kids aren't fond of it though.
It's slightly sweetened and some people use it as sort of a desert with fresh whipped cream etc.

Thanks for the reminder, I might get a few cans again.

THIS!! second day of hunting, had it for breakfast. lets just say season was over before the floodgates opened.
I thought that stuff was full of fiber. I never ate a whole can in one sitting so it never affected me that way.

In a SHTF situation, (pun intended) being stopped up might be a good thing! Evacuating your bowels while under fire could leave you vulnerable:eek:

I know rumor had it the old c rations were designed to stop you up. We still had some type of C rations left when I was in, as well as the first MREs.

I thought that stuff was full of fiber. I never ate a whole can in one sitting so it never affected me that way.

In a SHTF situation, (pun intended) being stopped up might be a good thing! Evacuating your bowels while under fire could leave you vulnerable:eek:

I know rumor had it the old c rations were designed to stop you up. We still had some type of C rations left when I was in, as well as the first MREs.

Ya the chicklets were supposed to be a diaretic to keep everything moving but you didn't chew them when the fight was near.:D

Never know till you try it for yourself. Winco carries it. Just hat on down and buy a can. Its not pricey.

I keep a couple cans in the pantry for when I get a sweet carb craving. Its heavy, sweet brown bread made with molasses. Its not sandwich bread by any measure, but it has its place. I find it pretty satisfying stuff. Takes me a few days to eat a whole can.

I had fond memories of this stuff from when I was a kid, it seemed much sweeter and richer, having bought a few cases recently, it's not as good as I remember, but still good enough to eat occasionally. I have never eaten a can in one sitting, I'm not sure that's possible, usually I'll have it either as a breakfast (warmed up with a pad of butter), or as a dessert after dinner. I just open the top of the can, and cut a few slices about 1/2" thick and eat 'em, wrapping the top of the rest of the can with foil.

saw this from b&m, I vaguely recalled something about it from many years ago. I think dad and grandpa took it camping. still interesting that it is still around.

any thoughts?

<broken link removed>

Fred Meyer carries it locally (they sell it with the canned beans). It's good stuff. We rarely eat it, mostly because we forget it's out there. But it's a nice change of pace from time to time. And no constipation issues for us :)

When I was a kid in the Boy Scouts we used to take this stuff with us on hikes; hard to crush bread in a can in your backpack.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top